Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: conversions

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by munkul View Post
    lol, sounds so simple.

To the OP: dont even think about it unless you have at least £2k put away for parts, and a bit of experience with cars and fabrication. Thats looking at you doing it all yourself, tbh.
    and yes it is a piece of piss to get the engine in on a hgt gearbox! if you want a gearbox i have a hgt one for sale, i can supply a mount for it to

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    ideal if you can do what i have crank on sunny jim! and as for fords and vauxhalls being so comman its because its a piece of piss to do corsa redtop i give my self 2 days to get it in fiesta mk1 running 2.0 zetec with a 1.6 limited diff rs gearbox i give my self 2 days... all bolt in on standard mounting lines! what i have done, pull out another person that has attempted it and completed..... oh hang on there isnt no one (that is known to have done it)! i was in the dark when i went to build mine, asked the same questions "how do you put a 20vt in a punto" basicly got told to f**k off, when i done it no one believe me cuz it anit comman, i had to provide a video of it running, and then people new i was pissing around, like i said u crank on and get a 20vt in your mk2 punto! i`ll put money on u wouldnt finish it!!!!!
    well well. Im not saying what im planning, tbh.

Punto Lover
    i`ll like to see u pull off something better than what i got up my sleeve lol
    Last edited by shorty; 22nd July 2009 at 01:04.

Punto Lover
    What do you do about the hgt box being a push type clutch and the coupe box being a pull type clutch?

What about the intemediate shaft with the viscous coupling? It won't fit the hgt box, the hgt intemediate shaft is too thin for the coupe intemidiate shaft mounting, being too thin the holes don't line up between the hgt and coupe driveshafts.

Then you've got smaller issues like the lift up reverse, gear linkage etc. Both mounts would need to be custom (to the leg and front beam). The fact a Hgt box breaks with half the torque of a coupe lump also dosen't help.

I would'nt say that was straight foward, you'd have less work fitting a coupe box that won't break.

nope the wiring is totally custom off my own back, no company would attempt it, and i phoned up and down the country, all i got was " you couldnt have picked the worst 2 fiats to put together"
    I bet you rang FIAT anyway you bozo. There are endless companys who will be glad of the work given the economy...

Sounds like the same old Bollocks...

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I bet you rang FIAT anyway you bozo. There are endless companys who will be glad of the work given the economy...

Sounds like the same old Bollocks...
    you give me one company that will do the wiring then?

num nuts!

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Danhgt2 View Post
    What do you do about the hgt box being a push type clutch and the coupe box being a pull type clutch?

What about the intemediate shaft with the viscous coupling? It won't fit the hgt box, the hgt intemediate shaft is too thin for the coupe intemidiate shaft mounting, being too thin the holes don't line up between the hgt and coupe driveshafts.

Then you've got smaller issues like the lift up reverse, gear linkage etc. Both mounts would need to be custom (to the leg and front beam). The fact a Hgt box breaks with half the torque of a coupe lump also dosen't help.

I would'nt say that was straight foward, you'd have less work fitting a coupe box that won't break.
    i havent looked into anything to do with doing a 16vt conversion into a mk2 punto, i couldnt tell you if the gearbox would fit or not, and tbh i dont care i anit attempting it or f**k all

Punto Lover
    you give me one company that will do the wiring then?

num nuts!
    JDM Dyno, Johnny the guy who runs it will attempt anything. I can get you the number if you want.

Punto Lover
    yes do so, i will be phoning where are they based?

Punto Lover
    is this it 07766224910
    Unit 4
    Kirkbride Airfield
    Kirkbride
    Wigton
    Cumbria CA7 5HP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast