Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: rust killed the rosso!!

I love my Z, A quick thrash down the back roads always puts a smile on my face.

Brummy bummer
    Loads of misinformation in here, love it!

Evos are very common tbh, I do a fair amount of travelling and must see at least one Evo a day. Saw two 8's today, one a silver 260 poverty spec with the small wing and one in Wilkys colour. I even saw two Clio Trophys today, how weird is that! 350Z are also very common as are S2000's so I don't know if you girls drive around all day with your eyes closed or what.....

£18k wouldn't even get you a half decent R34 GTR. If you're only looking to spend £8k this is well out of your price range!

I think I'd stick with S15 tbh, rust isn't an issue any more than anything else of the same age. Never see them about, great looking and it's not the "predictable" choice

Oh and S2000's are great! A puffs car? Is that coming from someone with an orange Punto, and a poor mans M3? lol pull the other one.
    Last edited by MasterAuron; 30th March 2011 at 19:55.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    Loads of misinformation in here, love it!

Evos are very common tbh, I do a fair amount of travelling and must see at least one Evo a day. Saw two 8's today, one a silver 260 poverty spec with the small wing and one in Wilkys colour. I even saw two Clio Trophys today, how weird is that! 350Z are also very common as are S2000's so I don't know if you girls drive around all day with your eyes closed or what.....

£18k wouldn't even get you a half decent R34 GTR. If you're only looking to spend £8k this is well out of your price range!

I think I'd stick with S15 tbh, rust isn't an issue any more than anything else of the same age. Never see them about, great looking and it's not the "predictable" choice

Oh and S2000's are great! A puffs car? Is that coming from someone with an orange Punto, and a poor mans M3? lol pull the other one.
    lmao kyle lol, i did mention i would have ot save some seen a nice r34 gtr in silver full nismo spec kit looks the tits but £23,000 another year or two i could have it hehe

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matts.gt1 View Post
    im 27 with 7years no claims got a quote for the r34 fully comp with admiral with no accidents or claims fr £3600
    and the 350z £1500

i never got a quote on the other 2 i earn 35k a year so paying alot on insurance does not really bother me lol as any mods that will be done will only be small touch's ie. some nice rims and coilovers im still thinking of getting the s15 tho as iv always like'd them

anyway i thort it was ment to be fun going sideways in the wet todd
    going sideways is fun in the dry mate as is controllable, in the wet is hit and miss lol.

But S15's are very nice but if you think you'll just do little touches you are so wrong when i bought mine i planned to leave it as with my PGT i always wanted 200hp and now i had a car with that as standard, within 6 months i was touching 300hp lol

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddGT View Post
    going sideways is fun in the dry mate as is controllable, in the wet is hit and miss lol.

But S15's are very nice but if you think you'll just do little touches you are so wrong when i bought mine i planned to leave it as with my PGT i always wanted 200hp and now i had a car with that as standard, within 6 months i was touching 300hp lol
    i will give the mrs my wallet if i have to lol i know what you mean tho its a very bad addiction once you start its hard to stop bit like smoking i guess not that i am a smoker

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAuron View Post
    i think you need to re-read who wrote that.... dick.

im looking at buying one, but they are too slow, good car though.

Do they fcuk!!

Beau you say the Honda has minimal tuning opportunities and then suggest an m3?
    well yeah they do rust... floor pan and bodywork.

and i think there is a 'slight' difference between the s2000 and m3 performance wise, the M3 is 100bhp more and at least 1 second quicker to 60, also has more usuable power range.

both the s2000 and M3 are pretty 'untunable' unless you spend alot of money, but id say the m3 is quick enough.

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    well yeah they do rust... floor pan and bodywork.

and i think there is a 'slight' difference between the s2000 and m3 performance wise, the M3 is 100bhp more and at least 1 second quicker to 60, also has more usuable power range.

both the s2000 and M3 are pretty 'untunable' unless you spend alot of money, but id say the m3 is quick enough.
    Im not saying they don't rust, I'm saying they dont rust like or worse than a punto. My S14a has been parked on a drive for 18 months without moving, yet no holes and ive had a good poke about, wouldnt feel that confident with a punto. Ive had both cars, at the same time for a few months so believe i'm in a better position to comment than you, going on what you hear tbh

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    not seen an s2000 in ages, i was looking to buy one, but they just are not quick enough, they have minimal tuning possibilities.

with £8,000 i would save a little bit more and buy a 'nice' evo 8 or e46 M3, you can buy either for 8k but little more will get a nice one.
    You never mentioned power in your post that i replied too, just tunability. Have you driven an s2000 for you to comment about not quick enough? Its not about straight lines, put the honda on track with the m3 and i bet it can hold its own never mind your slow 'poor mans m3' as kyle put it

Im not saying they don't rust, I'm saying they dont rust like or worse than a punto. My S14a has been parked on a drive for 18 months without moving, yet no holes and ive had a good poke about, wouldnt feel that confident with a punto. Ive had both cars, at the same time for a few months so believe i'm in a better position to comment than you, going on what you hear tbh

You never mentioned power in your post that i replied too, just tunability. Have you driven an s2000 for you to comment about not quick enough? Its not about straight lines, put the honda on track with the m3 and i bet it can hold its own never mind your slow 'poor mans m3' as kyle put it
    i work at an mot place/garage, so yeah id say im in a pretty good position to speak seeing as i see both cars, of different years, and models up on a ramp.

well thought it would be fairly obvious, but ok.

and yeah, iv driven all the cars iv said about, im still half tempted by buying a s2000, it just needs slightly more lower down torque for more normal driving.

and poor mans m3.... i bought that car when i was 19, not many 19 year olds buy cars like mine (and pay for it them selfs from there own wages)

im currently trying to find a car to replace mine with, and im actually finding it hard to find a better all round car. (for under £7000)

Punto know it all
    LOL at the bitching - grow a pair all of you for god sake.

Everyone is different and everyone has a right to express their opinion, doesn't mean it has to go below the belt though does it?

As for comments like poor mans M3 - we could go on forever as someone out there will always have something faster / more expensive than what you have. It doesn't mean you have to directly inslult somebody - unless you have a small c*ck??

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast