Quote Originally Posted by MiniMike View Post
To add to my post mate could you recommend say £50 worth of good washing material which would help me out.
shampoo/snow that people go on about etc...
I actually know nothing
Mike,

To keep close to your budget, I wouldn't bother with the snow foam, as a lance and some foam will take you over without buying anything else. So, with that in mind, and taking into account your request for a wash n wax shampoo, I'd look for the following:

www.shinearama.co.uk

* 2x15ltr buckets from B&Q or similar, preferably clear ones.
* Lambswool/sheepskin washmitt (look for a Eurow one) £8
* Insta Finish Maxi-Suds shampoo £16
* Waffle weave drying towel £10
* 1ltr Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner £10
* Bottle and a spray head (for the wheel cleaner, needs diluting) £3
* EZ Detail small wheel brush £13

£60 there, plus the buckets. Wouldn't bother with detailing buckets, as they are £10-15 a go, which for a bucket is pretty ridiculous. I got my two from a decorator merchants and they cost me about £6 for 2!

Slightly more than you wanted to spend, but a good setup that would last you a good 12 months if you're washing your car every 2-3 weeks. The shampoo is a 5ltr, and you dilute the wheel cleaner anything from 4:1 (waterroduct) to 10:1.

The wax included in the shampoo isn't enough to fully protect your car, its designed to help prevent the wax on your car being broken down through washing, by replacing what the wash itself removes. So you would still need to purchase some protection, and I'm not talking about Durex! My personal choice, for a good price (~£30) would be Autoglym HD wax. It combines overall looks with longevity - I have had 6mths out of a single application.

Hope this helps mate?!