Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Purchased a Turbo on eBay only to find a huge crack!

Punto know it all
    and the hits just keep on coming..........oh dear.

Punto know it all
    Me and my "uncut loom "

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    *cough* ^ another item described incorectly lol
    But atleast he responded appropriately.
    In fact I think he had reacted quite well, APART from his obvious mis-labeling of parts on eBay, his aftercare can't really be faulted, apart from in clarkster's case, as I think a sub 14 day warranty is a bit on the short side!
    But he does need to step up his game checking parts before stating their perfect condition, that much is obvious..

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

This is my only issue his refusual to admit his checking skills have lot to be desired on, poor just poor.

Punto Enthusiast
    Yeah, he could have just admitted some rookie mistakes in his quality control, slap on the wrist and it would have been smoothed over..
    I guess he knew the relationship between the forum and his company was a bit tarnished after the mishaps.

Punto Enthusiast
    As there's not much point trying to peddle your wares to a bunch of (tight at the best of times, me being one) punto owners who now don't trust your bits n bobs!

Bit harsh lads! Lookin at Punto Spares' feedback on ebay (thousand items sold in 12 months) doesn't look like he's out to take the piss.

Mather, you should have checked the part over on delivery n not left it for that long - there's now no way to guarantee the cracks were there on delivery or not. I see "no cracks or play" in every second hand turbo ad. The cracks seem pretty hard to spot from the photos, and if they are in places that don't affect the performance of the turbo there isn't really a problem in my eyes.

If you're buyin a part from a scrappie you can't expect something to 1) work or 2) be as new.

Clarkster, your case is pretty borderline, but same applies really - no way to prove you haven't fitted it, ran it and damaged it or swapped it for a binding one

Antoni, "uncut" would suggest the loom was in one bit and not 2, which it seems like it was, but on only just about! Anyway, have you posted it to me yet or what!

GT Jamie, Leaky rad - man's not gonna pressure test a second hand rad is he!

It may have been better for Puntospares' rep if he had offered a partial discount, refund or exchange to you guys as well but the time taken to report a problem was a bit too long, so i can see where he's coming from...

Gotten a lil outta hand, but tbf don't think he got much business off this site anyway, theres only like 10 active people on here

Moral of the story, "check yo sh1t!" - KFC drive thru? Check yo sh1t! Droppin the kids off? etc etcc baahahaha

Punto know it all
    pm.ed

Punto know it all
    kas the loom was chopped about left right and center and I repaired it all!! took me a day to sort it out and when I buy an "uncut loom" I expect to get an uncut loom lool and it wasn't cheap either .....

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    Ive had a number of items off rob over the last year and i have had no problems whatso ever with his level of service if you follow the instructions as stated.

Why on earth people wouldnt check items when they arrive is a complete mystery to me.

No Body on ebay will offer a refund after 4 months on used goods. You could have used it and broken it.

Should you have checked the item upon arrival and identified something that was not on the description such as a crack like the one in your picture then im sure rob would have given you a full refund.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast