Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evening all!

Evening all!

Hi there, I just thought i'd register tonight as yesterday I bought my first Punto, it's been a long time coming.
    Here's my story:
    Basically, I passed my driving test back in May expecting to be driving my MK2 fiesta I had bought, went for it's MOT, failed on welding, went to scrap (think it's a banger racer now?)
    Second car, a MK2 Seat Ibiza 1.4, now this thing was slow, but it was a good runner, got it for 600 bar from a close friend of my dad, nothing wrong on it's previous MOT, not even any advisories.
    6 months down the line and it comes to my MOT, put it through thinking everything was cushty, little did I know the welding monster had been at me again! Had several quotes for the repairs, cheapest was 400 bar, bored that **** off and blagged my way to my dad to get out a loan in his name for me to pay him back for it.
    This weekend I got 2000 quid to get myself a motor, I knew what I wanted, a MK1 Sporting, but I couldn't get touched on ****ing insurance! So i've gone safe and got myself a nice little MK2 1.2 active, it's slow, it's not the most fanciest of Puntos, but i've got a punto now so i'm happy, I mean i'm only just 18.
    My love of Puntos was triggered by my gf's brother, believe he's a member on this forums (J Rolfe) as he has a Punto GT, think he's managed to blow it up a few times and has given up and gone down the 205 1.9 gti route, but i've got him to back me up as I wanna smarten up my Punto a bit, hopefully a year or two down the line, i'll get myself a nice GT, and I wanted to join the forums to learn a few things!
    Well enough chit chat, he's the beast, bit of a granny basher if you ask me, but it will do for now!

welcome to the forum Youth

welcome mate you find this forum dead useful good luck

I wanted to start it off by putting some GT alloys on it, any other suggestions?

Brummy bummer
    Yeah. Stick the aerial down a bit

Anyways, welcome to the club.

buy a GT

If it wasn't for the ridiculous insurance I would

lolonly joking not much you can do to a mk2 really unless your thinking body kits exhausts ect, i think you should get some alloys colour code the mirrors that sort of thing

Brummy bummer
    I'm with doddy. It's not really worth touching those engines with performance in mind. Colour coded wing mirrors and door handles, debadged bonnet + rear, mk2b lights (clear indicators instead of orange), nice alloys, lower it...that's what I'd do personally.

same really i wouldnt touch the engine. my friend had the same one as yours he had nice alloys lowered colour coded everythink debadged eyebrows looks smart on mk2 new rear lights and clear reps, then he started to **** around with the engine after that he blow it up 6 times totally agree with master

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast