Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I mad?!

Punto Lover
    2TB of storage is madness. And full redundancy is really not necessary! (unless your work is paying for the PC or something). If it was mine, I would ditch the second HDD and plonk a bit down on a nice portable HDD with a couple hundred GB and just back up the stuff that's important to you.

Are you ever going to actually use the Blu-Ray burner? I know I wouldn't - I only have a DVD burner and I barely ever use that.

I'm not familiar with the graphics card - can you link a page with more info?

You may as well go for the intel core 2 quad (dont go amd) then overclock it.

This is my Antec 900, cost around 75 sniffs

Punto know it all
    Ohh yay there are other people in this world as mad as me!
    My PC cost me around £1000 to build, its a bit out of date now but its well worth it i think.

It's nice having a pc that works flawlessly, is very quick and plays games well
    If you can afford it go for it!

Punto Lover
    What made you go for the Powercolour over the GF 8800GT?

And I'm still not convinced the mobo is gonna do the rest of the components justice I'm afraid!

Seems like a good choice of processor though. reviews seem to put at a par if not slightly better than the Intel Q6600!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonfun
    You may as well go for the intel core 2 quad (dont go amd) then overclock it.

This is my Antec 900, cost around 75 sniffs
    [qimg]http://www.hardware.info/images/news/antec_900_overview_goed.jpg[/qimg]
    Don't relly do Intel. Prefer AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenK
    2TB of storage is madness. And full redundancy is really not necessary! (unless your work is paying for the PC or something). If it was mine, I would ditch the second HDD and plonk a bit down on a nice portable HDD with a couple hundred GB and just back up the stuff that's important to you.

Are you ever going to actually use the Blu-Ray burner? I know I wouldn't - I only have a DVD burner and I barely ever use that.

I'm not familiar with the graphics card - can you link a page with more info?
    I'll be doing a fair bit of important work on it yes, so redundancy is a must.

Yes I will be using the Blu-ray burner, I already have a DVD burner which I use a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntoSporting
    What made you go for the Powercolour over the GF 8800GT?

And I'm still not convinced the mobo is gonna do the rest of the components justice I'm afraid!

Seems like a good choice of processor though. reviews seem to put at a par if not slightly better than the Intel Q6600!
    Nothing really, just looked at that PowerColour, liked the spec and reviews and the price.

The MB does Crossfire, I don't see the point in spending loads on a decent M/B when that one does everything I want for a good price.

I haven't just chosen the most expensive things, for example having thought some more on it I downgraded the graphics card and haven't bothered with the P190. The Blu-ray burner isn't the most expensive out there but it does what I need.

I tihnk it's a good compromise that will last a fair bit of time.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12