Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another whopper!!

Punto Lover
    I see, no worries.

Korda hybrid hook lenghts and the chod rid. It is on very silty water!!

Tom

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by the mk1 kid

Of to france hey, you lucky git!

If i dont get to go this year i will next for sure.

Have you been before?

Which lake are you off to?

Are you hiring the gear or is your set-up up to the job?

Re the boat - I use a marker and spod rather unsuccessfully in open water, which is one of the reason for making one. I had always wanted to make one, for the challenge if not anything else.
    yeah it my first time. cant wait. place is called etang des royales, think they featured it on a episode of carp crew.

got a choice to used there gear but would prefer to use my own gear. my gear is defo up for the job. only thing im abit worried about is that two of my rods are 2.5lbtc, where as alot of people tend to use 3+lb tc rods. think there be fine tho imo. only thing i need to get is a bigger weigh sling and unhooking mat

that be a big fishy

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by nash gt
    yeah it my first time. cant wait. place is called etang des royales, think they featured it on a episode of carp crew.

got a choice to used there gear but would prefer to use my own gear. my gear is defo up for the job. only thing im abit worried about is that two of my rods are 2.5lbtc, where as alot of people tend to use 3+lb tc rods. think there be fine tho imo. only thing i need to get is a bigger weigh sling and unhooking mat
    Hi,

I haven't been yet, not really had the time/money since uni. Could have sorted it this year but the guys i would go with are skint so i am happy to wait.

I use 2 3/4lb tc chub rods which i dont think would be up to it to be honest. I mean it does depend on the lake, and how mcuh room you have to let them take line. I bottomed out my rod on a 20lb common a fortnight ago when i was tight to snags and it kicked hard. At the time i thought if i go abroad i would need more.

I mean dont get me wrong people have caught massive fish on cheap 'argos' rods, but given the choice i woudl want 3.5lbers for france i think.

I am off tonight after work

Tom

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by the mk1 kid
    Hi,

I haven't been yet, not really had the time/money since uni. Could have sorted it this year but the guys i would go with are skint so i am happy to wait.

I use 2 3/4lb tc chub rods which i dont think would be up to it to be honest. I mean it does depend on the lake, and how mcuh room you have to let them take line. I bottomed out my rod on a 20lb common a fortnight ago when i was tight to snags and it kicked hard. At the time i thought if i go abroad i would need more.

I mean dont get me wrong people have caught massive fish on cheap 'argos' rods, but given the choice i woudl want 3.5lbers for france i think.

I am off tonight after work

Tom
    yeah i do know what your saying mate. the rods i got are quite stiff for 2.5s. there fox voyager`s and tbh iv never had any problems with them. iv always used 20lb braided mainline too which i personally find alot better for the sort of fishing i do, only thing i will have to make sure is to set my clutch jus right, other wise im liable to get snap offs. think the lake im fishing is only 12acres too so the rods will be ok for casting aswell.

think if i do well and decide to go france again ill probably invest in some new 3+tc rods

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234