Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: racing cars is boring.. my new trick ..

I've had a PGT for 4 years. My old engine had 170hp and the GPM '04 had 220hp... I've seen and heard it all before - and he's trying to tell me I'm stuck in "stats land"
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Mediapixel Ltd
    ill get my video camera out nxt time , then ill interview the bike rider, hows that matt?

I have a friend who has a GSX-R 750. I'll get him to race me in my sisters Honda Logo (80hp), stage it, do an interview afterwards and get him to say "woah... is it a jet?".

Credit to you for trying to race him though.

Top tip of the day - don't race bikes and then go bragging on a car forum that you kept level with one. You will only get laughed at and ridiculed for days/weeks afterwards.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Mediapixel Ltd
    not bragging . as i said it was nice to get some respect from bike owners after having a dable with one ! re read my posts to fully understand where im coming from

I read it the first time, you're coming from Carebear land

Bikers tend to give people thumbs up, or a wave etc - it's in their nature. Generally speaking, the biking community is much friendlier than the car community. There's no rivalry, everyone is on a level playing field, whether you ride a 50cc moped or Hayabusa / R1 / ZX12-R etc.

Anyway, I wont upset you any further. I know how fast (or indeed slow) a 170hp Punto is.

Mediapixel Ltd
    slow.. ? compared to bikes i agree. good discussion im not upset, just confused . thread closed .

Punto Lover
    debo, listen you are not a god. you dont know some of us, you dont know how we drive. a race is a race, stats dont mean s*it if you dont know how to drive. so your saying, if 2 gt's exactly the same race round a track but 1 has 1BHP more than the other its going to win??!!!??? get a life and stop chatting sooo much crap.

I've had a PGT for 4 years. My old engine had 170hp and the GPM '04 had 220hp... I've seen and heard it all before - and he's trying to tell me I'm stuck in "stats land"

you think you know it all, but unless you were in waynes car when he was there raceing you cant say ****! get real!

Punto Lover
    gez, there is no way an 170bhp punto gt is going to stay with a motorbike over 400cc.
    infact, a 250cc bike(like the aprilla rs250) will give a 170bhp gt a run for its money up to 70mph.

the facts and stats do speak the truth on this one!

gt; 170bhp/1000kg

my bike(nc30); 60bhp/185kg

for a punto to stay with my bike(which by far isnt the quickest), you would need a gt pushing out about 325bhp.

the bike rider could miss a gear or go up one too many gears, it will still destroy a gt and 99% of most other cars on the road, end of.

i agree that someone in a standard gt who has alot of driving ability will probably be able to stay with a 170bhp gt around a track. that example can also be said for people in lower perfomance cars still able to beat more powerful cars on the normal road due to facts like the person in the lower performance car can really put a car round a corner etc.

i know how well the gt performs and i know how well bikes go, so please dont argue that a gt will give a bike a run for its money.

thank you
    Last edited by webbo; 13th January 2007 at 13:07.

Power to weight rains supreme and the fact an inline four or even a V4 will rev 60-70%higher then a GT also.

Punto Lover
    i know and understand power to weight ratios and all that but in a race sometimes it doesnt come into it. last time i posted about racing a more powerful car than my own, debo came in and tried to slate me. its a race, who ever wins at that time wins simple as. no, he wasnt trying, he was playing with you etc etc, debo wasnt there, he DOESNT know. i appriciate every1 trying to understand what im saying and what others are saying, but people get too involves in stats and figures.

Anyway, I wont upset you any further. I know how fast (or indeed slow) a 170hp Punto is.

but you dont know how people drive them, maybe you need lessons. i remember a thread about how someone went from 4.11 setup to a seb 2 setup, and was sayin gow much better drive and how its actually a quicker car through the whole rev range and as not as much lag. so in some cases a car with less BHP can be quicker than 1 with more

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast