Thread: Servicing In MK/Bedford Area

PuntoGirl

Servicing In MK/Bedford Area

I'm wondering if there is any local mechanics near me that can do Cam belt changes on a Mk2 HGT.... preferably a Fiat employee....

So if you work for Fiat and you want a little bit on the side (money not me ) contact me as I'd like me cambelt done

Ta Muchly

Punto Lover
    Why would you want a fiat employee to do it? rather get an independent - my hgt cost £240 including all tensioners from a garage in mk

PuntoGirl
    From my experience.. if someone works at Fiat then they tend to know there way around the cars better and have the tools to hand if there are any particular screws etc...

Quote Originally Posted by baby
    Why would you want a fiat employee to do it? rather get an independent - my hgt cost £240 including all tensioners from a garage in mk

Whats the name of the place you got yours done?
    Last edited by PuntoGirl; 25th September 2006 at 15:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGirl
    From my experience.. if someone works at Fiat then they tend to know there way around the cars better and have the tools to hand if there are any particular screws etc...

Whats the name of the place you got yours done?
    Not so. My experience (and Julie's for that matter) has been that Fiat "expertise" isn't as expert as you would hope.

I personally would never send one of my cars to a Fiat dealer.

As for the place Julie got hers done, they did a good job (touch wood) but I'd not necessarily recommend them. Find yourself a reputable independent in Bedford if you can.

Guide price for Fiat, with tensioners is circa £400 (70k mile service is roughly £450 iirc). Guide price from independent is circa £250 all in.

Punto Lover
    I know an ex fiat employee that now has his own garage, cant say how much he charges. But i think he lives in essex.

If you want me to find out for you i can.

PuntoGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by y2dom
    I know an ex fiat employee that now has his own garage, cant say how much he charges. But i think he lives in essex.

If you want me to find out for you i can.
    Yer if you could that would be brill..

I just phoned my local Fiat.. which according to the Fiat website is in Watford and they quoted £550 all in..