Thread: Converting WMA to mp3?

Punto Enthusiast

Converting WMA to mp3?

I'm having some trouble converting some of my files from WMA to MP3.
    I use Windows Media Player for all my music, but I want to make mp3 cd's to store on my headunit/play on my dvd player at home.
    I have a free download convertor that lists amongst its abilites, change to
    mp3. But it keeps failing.

Wonder if anyone has any experience of this or has any reccomendations for ways in which to get around this problem.

Thanks.

Punto know it all
    pm sent

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pid119
    pm sent
    Thanks for the help bud. Really usefull.

Punto Lover
    Probably a bit late now but have you tried switch convertor? Its free to download just do a search in google..

Dancing Queenie
    The best I've used is dbPowerAmp. I used to run a website that streamed audio clips (numbering into the thousands) and this was the most professional one I found. It can be used for single songs or batch conversions to many many different formats inc AAC, Ogg, MP3, WMA v9.1 etc

www.dbpoweramp.com

samdavis
    Quote Originally Posted by icebluemk2
    I'm having some trouble converting some of my files from WMA to MP3.
    I use Windows Media Player for all my music, but I want to make mp3 cd's to store on my headunit/play on my dvd player at home.
    I have a free download convertor that lists amongst its abilites, change to
    mp3. But it keeps failing.

Wonder if anyone has any experience of this or has any reccomendations for ways in which to get around this problem.

Thanks.
    Have you checked your DVD Player \ Head Unit etc doesn't read WMA files on CD? Some of them do today.

If your PC is a Dell it might have come with an MP3 encoder in Windows Media Player. If not you can purchase one from Windows Media. That would allow you to rip music from CDs into MP3 directly and still use Media Player, but it won't allow you to convert WMA files to MP3.

Whenever I convert WMA to MP3 I use Roxio Soundstream. It came with Roxio Easy CD Creator and should come with it even now. It also allows you convert to convert WAV files to MP3s.

Nero Media Player that used to come with Nero 5.5 could convert WMA to MP3.