Thread: MOT with stripped car

MOT with stripped car

Whats the score with stripping the rear of my car before the MOT?

Got my MOT on Friday, but want to strip my rear seats out and build a small boot install before then as I only have 2 days off work.

Will my car fail the MOT if I remove the rear seats?

Punto Lover
    no the car wont fail the MOT for no rear seats, its classed as a PLG (Private, Light goods) meaning it can be used for normal everyday usage or as a light van...which of course would have no rear seats (or belts)

flyingbanana
    take the seat belts out while your at it.

Punto Enthusiast
    if you take ur seats out you have to take ur belts out for it to pass the MOT

flyingbanana
    I THINK you will find it's the other way round. if you have rear seats fitted, you must have seatbelts - this is from experince!

adz353
    i had my harnesses going onto my rear seatbelt points with no rear seat belt connects in the car and went through the mot fine!

adz

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingbanana
    I THINK you will find it's the other way round. if you have rear seats fitted, you must have seatbelts - this is from experince!
    Thats true but if you dont have any rear seats and leave your seat belts in they CAN fail you. Obviously like all MOT tests it depends who/where you get it tested.

Punto Enthusiast
    thats wot i just said :P

mezzer75sx
    if you have rear seats but you use the monts for the harnesses and have removed the rear seat belts is this still a failer?

because i cant get people in the back and i cant sort out my rear belts as i cant get them to pull out