Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GT vs RS Turbo

Punto know it all
    yea, thats why most E46 M3's were running mid 14's at santa pod

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoGTturbo
    yea, thats why most E46 M3's were running mid 14's at santa pod
    LOL

ONE M3, YES 1, NUMERO UNO OUT OF FIVE M3's GOT A 14.4 the last time i went pod THE REST COULD HARDLY BRAKE THE 15 BARIER.

i love them to bits, but if u can drive a manual one on 18's, u can get 14's dead or late 13's. if u have a convertable or smg box forget it. just spike ur hair up, die it pink, and cruise with the top off. they are only fast once they get going.

GT1
    m3>GTs (bar minifreaks one )

the end.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by GT1
    m3>GTs (bar minifreaks one )

the end.
    should add debo's on to that as well from what ive heard

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Komi69_GT3
    LOL

ONE M3, YES 1, NUMERO UNO OUT OF FIVE M3's GOT A 14.4 the last time i went pod THE REST COULD HARDLY BRAKE THE 15 BARIER.

i love them to bits, but if u can drive a manual one on 18's, u can get 14's dead or late 13's. if u have a convertable or smg box forget it. just spike ur hair up, die it pink, and cruise with the top off. they are only fast once they get going.
    Thank You

Gearbox Abuser
    look im not gunner say too much on it but i caught a new M3 convertable out when i owned my blue GT. and held him off til 90mph..

im not bollocking, the guy was trying but maybe he wasnt the best driver....

the same happened to a merc SL500 (not AMG)... power to weight on them is really low.

it can happen, just like the time i got upset but a renult clio RN... he got a better launch and i just wasnt concerntrating..

i only just managed to do him..

but second time we raced i killed him, but most times they dont race the second time...

Punto Enthusiast
    M3 E46's are EASILY capable of low 13's, the results you'll see at Santa Pod that make people think they aint all that are down to driver error, nothing more. On the road a GT would get stuffed unless heavily tuned I'd imagine, so at the same time I can well believe that the quicker GT's can hold them off from a roll to sub 100 speeds, after that NO CHANCE in hell tho imo. The 1.4 is the limiting factor i'd imagine after that.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    M3 E46's are EASILY capable of low 13's, the results you'll see at Santa Pod that make people think they aint all that are down to driver error, nothing more. On the road a GT would get stuffed unless heavily tuned I'd imagine, so at the same time I can well believe that the quicker GT's can hold them off from a roll to sub 100 speeds, after that NO CHANCE in hell tho imo. The 1.4 is the limiting factor i'd imagine after that.
    i agree, GT's are good upto 100 - 110mph

Punto Lover
    there's a guy that live near me building a new lump in his fez..

using a 1600cvh tubro head with a 2.0 bottom end... with all the toys added like forged piston, cam etc etc etc etc..

should be nice to see it on the move

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345