Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought a car

POE8Y
    RWD in December - FUN FUN FUN - i`m jealous.

adz353
    Quote Originally Posted by nwmlargee
    adz have you mastered the bonnet slide yet??
    working on it hahahhaha

thanks guys, i pleased with her!!

adz

Punto Enthusiast
    Nice one mate, looks like a nice one as well!! Get a decent manifold on it as the pinto engine loves to breathe and you will notice the difference!!

Deffo recomned cement or sand in the boot, once the weight transfers it will go light and step out on you cos it's so long, but go find a wide open car park, drive round in a circle in 1st (2nd if you have power!) dip the clutch, boot the revs and let the clutch out and just keep the power in and round and round you will go!! Do it in the wet though as if you not got an LSD it will be harder to get round!!

Just putting the staright cut gearbox and LSD in my mk2 at the moment so will get some err 'action' shots up soon if you like!! =D>

adz353
    yeha defently, would like to see some pics.

will defently give that a go when it wet in empty car park!!

i got a full janspeed exhasut system in boot, with performance mainifold, piping and back box ready to go on so i am hoping that will make a nice difference,

i really like it and may also put the bag in the boot as it does like to poke its ass out alot, but it is great car and i really like it!!

thanks

adz

Punto Enthusiast
    What bore size are the primaries on the manifold as ideally they need to be 2"+ to let it breathe like it should, and a 2 1/4" system!

Wet car park is great fun mate, just keep a stock of spare tyres though as beileve me you will eat them! Mastered heel and toe'ing yet to get the prefect rolling burnout!?

adz353
    just been an measured, the primaries on the manifold are 2" and the size of the pipe that it comes into is 2" 1/2, as i said it is full janspeed set up with 4" tailpipe

should look and sound nice once i get it on.

not tryed a rolling burn out yet, but does sound fun will have to have a go, jsut need to find a nice car park out of way i think!!!

adz

Punto Enthusiast
    Good man, will breathe nicely with that manifold and system on it and just get a decent filter on the carb as well and it should give you a few more ponies to have a laugh with!

Burnouts are easy, you know how to do a wheel spin, dip the clutch, plenty of revs and let the clutch out and the wheels spin, well once the clutch is out jump on the break with your other foot keeping the revs up and the front wheels will stop and the backs smoke up!!

Trick is not to dump the clutch too hard as you will destroy 1st gear, hence heel and toe it, bottom of right foot on the brake and the top on the throttle, revs, off clutch normally with revs and pressing the brake, you will move forward a bit but once the clucth is off just apply the brake more or keep it moving!!

All good tyre smoking fun!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12