Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Super Charged saxo!!!

Prism are well known for their power 'claims'

NWM - Greg's has 17" wheels, I'm sure there was a point to that statement? Oh wait, hang on, we're not talking about a 1.4 Punto, geared for 14's are we? Coupe's have 16" rims as standard, so the fact he has 17's is meaningless Also, the Coupe (as it has already been said) will be making more torque than the Saxo, both lower down the revs, and further across the rev range. And further to your input in this thread "no f**king GT will keep with it" when referring to the 'dream suxo' - Silvio's would piss all over it, 450bhp, over 400 at the wheels... kinda makes the Suxo's 300bhp look s**t, doesn't it?

We're drifting away from the point now though.... stock vs stock, we all know what wins, and it isn't the French car, whether it be 0-60, 60-100, or 0-100.

How many super/turbo charged Suxo's do you see on the roads? I have seen one in my life time (and I live in an area well known for it's modded car cruises), and that was running 190bhp, Turbo VTR, and yes, it had everything you could possibly wish for modified to make that power. So I don't know what the big 'whoo harr' is all about?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

timmyturbo1
    Ive known of saxo turbos and supercharged ones and they generally never last (ie blow up).

In particular a turbo one which never ran right and was not even that quick when it did.

Manafacturers spend loads of money developing an engine to take forced induction and the saxo engines aint built for it.

I'm sure if you spend enough money on it you would get the saxo engine to take it but £ for £ the Gt is faster. Spend the sort of money they have on these turbo and supercharged saxos (The ones which actually work) on yr punto gt and it will be quicker.
    Last edited by timmyturbo1; 19th October 2004 at 17:39.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    blimey debo u seem to have issues mate

did a saxo used to abuse you when you were younger or something?

greg i hope you do beat it and bearing in mind that saxo was first rolled out nearly 2 years ago and as far as i know now lives in newcastle or scotland you should be king of the road.

regarding the power claims statement i don't know and haven't put down a defo figure just a approx 300bhp.

it has beaten a evo 6 running a solid 325 bhp and trust me they ain't slow
    the evo 6 ran a 4.5 or something 0-60 On timed equipment.
    so i wouldn't go as far as to say the claims were unfounded.

regards standard versus standard wtf has that got to do with this convo.

seriously mate this was a discussion not a my dads bigger than your dad pissy little school boy bickering session.

Erm, what has 'my dads bigger than your dad' got to do with anything ?

You're a misguided, gullable fool if you think a Saxo can produce near 300bhp in the first place, let alone get traction to beat an Evo with 0-60 of 4.5 seconds.

The reason I suggested std vs std was because you hardly see any super/turbo charged Saxo's on the roads..... reliability issues aside, they aren't really that popular are they, because of the price to do a decent conversion.

So why the big 'song and dance' about a car that there are probably less than 10 of in the whole of the UK? I just don't get it?

I wasn't trying to start an argument, I was just putting a few things into persepctive
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    ok debo

i bow down to your ridiculous logic

timmyturbo1
    Lets be fair to the saxo it is a good car. Its cheap, quick, handles well and came with (when brand new) free insurance but its the victim of its own success. Too many people bought them and it became the max power car of choice.

I'd rather have a 106gti.

I must stop saying "tbh"
    am i missing something the convo was regarding the merits of an extremely heavily modified saxo ??

i know it aint going to be re-liable and just look how smooth the power must come!!!!

but boy has it got some power!!!!

i bewt this thing will never go bang :---)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/705781

Also look at the octane level!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234