Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 303 bhp punto gt

Punto know it all
    Weight saving ......

Quote Originally Posted by antoni1985 View Post
    Weight saving ......
    hmmmmm maybe lol, isnt there that picture that says rust weighs less than carbon fibre ?

Beau you just have laugh now at the sheer bad luck and the fact you didn't do your home work on her.
    You will get most of your cash back despite what some have said about breaking Gt's these days i did very well from my recent blue example.
    A lesson learnt pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Beau you just have laugh now at the sheer bad luck and the fact you didn't do your home work on her.
    You will get most of your cash back despite what some have said about breaking Gt's these days i did very well from my recent blue example.
    A lesson learnt pal.
    yeah i am, hence the 'lol' in the post

and i shouldnt do too bad, i was prepared to make a loss, because i 'almost' sold it to arda (meaning a £1000 loss) but i suddenly thought NO! i cant do it, im sure just breaking it will get more, and having started to break it, doing a quick add up- i should be almost even, and thats with keeping bits for my maserati too

just lucky that i have money and another car, imagine if id spend all the money on this, id of been really stuck.

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar
    I thought the shell was supposed to be good. And only cosmetically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Mawbster View Post
    I thought the shell was supposed to be good. And only cosmetically challenged
    apparently lol, but it is very rusty, both inner and outer sills/floor pan are completely ****ed, and thats without even really looking :/ oh well, least i can start 'ripping' stuff off of the shell now with no worries cos its defiantly going to be scrapped !

Punto know it all
    Well I guess the bottom end issue was kind of a blessing in disguise.

Imagine breaking the car and selling the engine whole... Wouldn't have been pleasant for the buyer or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sicskate View Post
    Well I guess the bottom end issue was kind of a blessing in disguise.

Imagine breaking the car and selling the engine whole... Wouldn't have been pleasant for the buyer or yourself.
    that is one good way to look at it

If you make £2500 from selling the parts I'll eat my hat.

Sorry Beau, really looks like you bought a lemon. I'm sure Brad wasn't aware of the problems but you seemed to have missed the common checks.

As I said earlier, just a case of bad luck.

For those expecting a response from Brad you'll be waiting a long time. Will all the finger pointing there's no point him trying to defend himself. Some people on here have clearly already made their minds up and they won't change it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Fred Elliot, i say Fred Elliot! Mawbster's Avatar

303 bhp punto gt

The faliure of the pipe was due to the crack. Trying to push out 160psi of compression through a pipe that can only carry 13 psi is why it failed.

The high compression and oversizing and forging of the internals coupled with the weakness of the bores make that the next possible faliure.

Everbody here has been quick to point the finger and thats one of the reasons why ive stayed out of this thread so much. However the faliure of the bore happened when the pipe blew. That is the reason for the pipe blowing

As andre described earlier the ring gap may have been part of the problem. However the car may have still been running driving to beaus.

Its unfortunate for it to happen just after a purchase. And a shame some of the things come to light after wernt attributed in the sale.

Beau has taken it well in my opinion. Personally id have liked to see a partial refund due to the faliure but as beaus already started breaking the car i guess the whole issues over for him.
    Last edited by Mawbster; 10th January 2014 at 21:05.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast