Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrap Value???

Punto Enthusiast

Scrap Value???

anyone know the lastest price for scrapping a punto gt shell without wheels in the essex area? my mate told me he got 120 quid for his mk1 shell just before xmas.

also, i am having a little difficulty getting the loom out, if i have to cut it, is it worth stripping in for the copper, or just scrap it as it is with the wiring?

cheers if you can help

Banned
    First up, whats up with the shell?

You won't get much for it around here, at most £70 for complete shell. If you left it as a dead rolling car, you will get good money, they are paying £200 plus for complete car

Banned
    Also, where in Essex are you?

I got 80 quid for mine 3 weeks ago. That was with no engine gearbox etc, just shell with steelies on and interior still in. That was after a charge for collection because they came and picked it up as well.

As for the wiring I wouldnt bother. If you have any copper tanks though get them to the scrappy, I just weighed in two Elson tanks and got 175 quid!!

Think ita 160 a tonne Up here in scotland. just fill the car with rubbish before you scrap it.

PSC Pisshead
    Three years ago I got £250 for a 176 shell. Crazy

Punto Enthusiast
    nothing is up with she shell, its a bloody shame really, nice broom yellow with no rust or anything, i just need my garage space for something else now and i am crap at selling stuff and it takes me ages. so i stripped the car completely and am going to sell all the bits off as and when i can, when i ever get the time to take some pictures and it isn't raining.

the turbo went bang a few years back, and instead of just buying a turbo, i bought a 4.1 setup and only ever got around to putting half of it on due to work and other commitments. like i say, time to let it go, had some good times, (and some bad times, mostly breakdowns), but time to move on.

so, 80 quid three weeks ago, wihtout gear box, i rekon i want at least a ton then. if not i'll tell them they have wasted five quids worth of diesel and get someone else out who knows a good deal. cheap cheap very cheap, you buy.

Punto Enthusiast
    "Think ita 160 a tonne Up here in scotland. just fill the car with rubbish before you scrap it."

-- thats not a suprise mate, still being in the iron age up there and all that .

Im in basildon, essex. so lots of scrappies round luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by WilkyWay View Post
    I got 80 quid for mine 3 weeks ago. That was with no engine gearbox etc, just shell with steelies on and interior still in. That was after a charge for collection because they came and picked it up as well.

As for the wiring I wouldnt bother. If you have any copper tanks though get them to the scrappy, I just weighed in two Elson tanks and got 175 quid!!
    Bell end.

Banned
    If the shells mint mate don't scrap it, ill take it off your hands and you can weigh my shell in, no point getting rid of a good one.
    I've got loads of bits to get rid of also, so be even more worth your while

Message me your number mate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast