Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by matts.gt1 View Post
    sad to hear this, but i dont mean to be funny anyone who has a race bike no is asking to get killed. there are so dangerous its only a matter of time till you stack it. a few years before i bought my gt i owned an aprillia rsv had it about 5weeks from new went to over take a tractor along with a few cars behind it tractor then decided to turn right without indicating i had 2options go into the tractor of ditch the bike as had very little time to brake so ditched the bike at around 45-50mph slid along the road on a grass verge and hit one of those wooden telegraph poles broke my collerbone, leg and arm in 2 places i will never have another bike again people just dont look out for bike on the roads nowa days. anyways great rider R.I.P DUDE!!
    dude, pretty much your fault that one, you cant blame motorcycles for your human error, you shouldnt be overtaking 3 vehicles at one time on a single carriage way. When i see someone do that, i think to my self, what a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsta View Post
    dude, pretty much your fault that one, you cant blame motorcycles for your human error, you shouldnt be overtaking 3 vehicles at one time on a single carriage way. When i see someone do that, i think to my self, what a dick.
    Im inclined to agree it that you cant blame the tractor, maybe the rider just didnt see the indicators.

Racing bikes is totally different to riding bikes on the road. Racing bikes on circuit is quite safe at the top level, considering the amount of accidents, very few are seriously injured, only 2, maybe 3 have died in MotoGP in 10years.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilsta View Post
    TBH mate completely agree with you there. The amount of times I have seen pure stupidity from motorbikes on single carriageway roads is unbelievable.

Daijiro Kato in 2003 was the last person to die @ a Moto GP event. That was at Suzuka, which is no longer used due to poor safety features and lack of run off areas.

Just about the only way you can be killed on a track these days is if the bike hits you or another one passing does whilst you're on the circuit. Shoya was desperately unlucky to have been hit by just one bike, nevermind two

Punto know it all
    R.i.P its a real shame when young talent gets lost but agree they know the dangers

Punto Enthusiast

R.i.p

Were the other two riders involved in the collision ok?I race at British Superbikes in the Supersport 600 class and know Scott Redding one of the unfortunate riders who hit Shoya, Scott and De angelles both came away with minor injuries.

It was such a shame when this happened I have lost a friend in the wicked world of motorcycle racing myself but its a risky business..

I think you are all right in saying that it is alot more safer these days as authorities such as MSV have done a good job at making run offs much bigger and now use air fencing instead of straw hay bails and wooden fencing!

I for one will never ride a bike on the road although as tempting as it is I know the consequences are much greater if you are so unlucky to crash!

Plus i have a million times more fun racing round a track without worrying what may be lurking just around the corner!

www.jesstrayler.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12