Thread: HELP!! funny noise

Punto Enthusiast

HELP!! funny noise

hey all
    today i fitted some new rear lowering springs which went well but when i went for a drive i heard a clicking noise coming from the rear passenger wheel i was just wondering if anyone else had had this.
    i seen to think that it is just a wheel nut catching on the handbrake spring (the longest 1 at the top) as i can feel it through the handbrake and when i apply the handbrake whislt driving it makes the noise change.

cheers liam

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsd2007 View Post
    hey all
    today i fitted some new rear lowering springs which went well but when i went for a drive i heard a clicking noise coming from the rear passenger wheel i was just wondering if anyone else had had this.
    i seen to think that it is just a wheel nut catching on the handbrake spring (the longest 1 at the top) as i can feel it through the handbrake and when i apply the handbrake whislt driving it makes the noise change.

cheers liam
    Sounds like you're right. The noise's frequency changes with road speed, correct?

Punto Enthusiast
    yea thats true but its all sorted now its turned out that my handbrake cable was getting between the tyre and the radius arm causing the tyre to pull down on the cable therefore making the noise.
    i just repositioned the cable under the radius arm modified the braket to suit and tiewrapped the cable to the bottom of the arm
    its now just making me think that the wheel is buckled altho i have spun it etc and it looks perfectly straight.

anyways its all sorted and my handbrake is even better now and the cable doesnt slouch under the car nomore