Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: this club is going...

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrio
    dam ass moderators
    its still there.... entitled "crap"

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    7 pages

Sorry for coming into this topic a bit late - I've wanted to come on the forum for the past few days but for various reasons haven't been able to .

So here goes (I'm typing as I'm thinking so sorry if I start rambling a bit). First of all I would like to apologise if Mike and I gave the wrong impression at the Northampton Meet. As Mook has already said, both of us aren't the most outgoing of people (I especially am shy ) and tend to stick to talking to people we have known for a long time, rather than approach people we haven't met before. We hadn't seen Matt for awhile and had some catching up to do, and then started talking to Jimma and baby172 about his GT. The patronising looks were more likely from indigestion from the curry the previous night - Mike didn't even know what you looked like at that point! I'm sorry I didn't add to the thread after the meet - I did take a couple of pics and intended to add them to the thread but for some reason never got round to it and the moment passed by. Its probably a bit late now but we would like to say thanks for organising the meet, as it was well attended, and hope there will be more local meets ups in the future.

Possibly another reason for us not coming up to talk was your online reputation as a Gangsta - it scared us off . I know that peoples online persona's may be completely different to the way they are in real life (except for Mook of course - he's as much a Gibbon in real life as he is online, actually moreso ) - for all I know you might enjoy going to the Opera on friday nights .

I know the fact that neither of us is on here very often doesn't help - we both would like to be on here more but goddam work always gets in the way . In my case I have to work at Client sites alot, at the moment in the middle of the City which means getting a crappy train and two different tubes to and from work each day (I can tell you what the SW in SWTrains stands for and its not South West ). I use my phone to look at the forum during the day. Mike also is often onsite, and when in the office too busy. He also does a lot of CAD work at home and it is rare that he gets the chance to come on here.

So I hope this goes someway towards clearing things up. It would be nice to see you and J a m e s at some more meets - Stanford Hall is coming up on the 6th June, maybe if not there then at another local meet. Maybe Wheelemotion will have delivered this:-

to me by then (I've already been waiting ages for it ) and you can have a go with it 8)

Also on the topic of meets - again you tend to get the usual suspects turning up regularly and, having known each other a long time, tend to talk to each other when we should be getting to know new faces. I am getting better - I actually introduced myself to Rob (big_blue) and jimma at Santa Pod at the start of the year. The Go-Karting was the Clubs Annual Event and open to ALL Club Members - I deliberately booked the best centre that was closest to the middle of the country (which ended up being Loughborough) to give everyone a chance of attending.

Withnail
    Thanks Heather, that has cleared everything up. I dont think I was that fair in what I said really, so I appologise for that. Dont really know what the matter has been with me recently, the amount work pisses me off seems to rub off on the forum so I appologise to anyone that i've been a bit off hand with

Both myself and James being hard as nuts gangstas* shouldn't stop you from coming and speaking to us. We're just as quiet as the next person really, when it comes to initially meeting new people.

Anyway, thanks for replying to this, I appreciate it.

*yeah, we went to the seaside on sunday, james walked around wearing a penguin bum bag and we both got soaked on a log flume. Gangsta gangsta.

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Withnail
    *yeah, we went to the seaside on sunday, james walked around wearing a penguin bum bag and we both got soaked on a log flume. Gangsta gangsta.

I'll post up a pic of the Lincoln as soon as it arrives (fingers crossed by this weekend). Can't wait to drive it round the flats car park - the neighbours will think we're even more nuts

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910