Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: help on making her pretty

Punto Enthusiast
    great stuff I'm on my way to getting them now. They will come with intructions wont they? My little bro told me to get some tiger bond or something????

If theyre new they do usually have instructions, self tapping screws and sealer. but the sealer they give you is usually crap!

Get some Sikaflex or Tiger seal to get them on good!

Punto Enthusiast
    well stage one of the little half decent punto project... has gone down the pan.. cant fit the wing mirrors as something is missing.. no idea on the skirts.

might end up out of pocket here. spent 100 on the mirrors and skirts together but cant afford to get them fit. ok, i know you said I'm going to have to pay out but its hard when ya dont know what ya doing and dont know who to go to.

so... lads previously... someone offered to come and help????? I live in Barnsley... get ya back side over here pronto I'll get you a gift voucher or somert lol

Punto know it all
    It was me that offered if you need a hand i will be over that way at the weekend

do ya live near tarn

Punto Enthusiast
    I'm in Dodworth which is near J37 M1. very close to town. I'm about Friday or Saturday.

Punto Enthusiast
    sorry forgot to say I dont have the skirts yet the mirrors may need to be done by a garage.. think there are peices missing so i'm going to check with some garages first.

Punto know it all
    I know Barnsley quiet well i use to live and work their with my dad for a few years

I use to live up in Worsborough Common

Punto Enthusiast
    ok well I'm not getting any further this week. The skirts are on their way the mirrors are here but I am trying to return them or exchange them for electric ones. so... might be in a better position next week????? need to remain positive lol
    p.s. I was brought up in Worsborough Dale my family are from there but I moved to Wakefield.

Punto know it all
    Best way is to remain positve otherwise it gets you down if you need a hand next week i will be doing my dad's turbo on his Focus so just give me a shout if you want

I live in Leeds AGAIN i feel like a gypo ive moved that many times

Punto Enthusiast
    I really do need some help.. I went ahead thinking all of this would be very easy.. wing mirrors clip on and the skirts come in yellow and just clip on - I WAS SO WRONG - i'M SUCH A TYPICAL BIRD!!! I got the skirts today, they just seem like two bits of black plastic!!! scuffed with no instructions or bonding agent or anything!!! I'm really disappointed I thought I was buying yellow skirts as per the pic!!!
    so now, I've got to get someone to do the mirrors, apply the skirt and spray it. what colour is the 54 reg mk2b yellow??? halfords sell it but it comes in BROOM YELLOW and another shade but I cant remember what its called.
    I'm seeing a chap next week in Pontefract he is just a normal mechanic.. but I'm not sure I can put my trust into anyone who doesnt do things like this very often.
    I'm about Friday and Saturday.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast