Thread: Automatic Engine to work with Manual Car?

Punto Enthusiast

Automatic Engine to work with Manual Car?

Bought a punto with no gear box for a good price. All i need is the head (Cam shaft is worn) but easier to replace the whole engine as mine's not really been looked after by the previous owner (A build up of carbon in the head)

The punto i own is manual. The punto i'm going to take the engine out off is a Automatic. I was wondering if its a simple case of removing my old fly wheel and putting it on the newer engine (Automatic one). Then put on my new gear box? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks
    Dan

PSC sex offender no.1
    I'm guessing not....cos NOTHING is ever simple

Would it really be easier to swap the entire engine and have to go through the process of telling the DVLA etc than it is just to swap the heads?

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbo_1 View Post
    I'm guessing not....cos NOTHING is ever simple

Would it really be easier to swap the entire engine and have to go through the process of telling the DVLA etc than it is just to swap the heads?
    Its the same engine size, engine model and even came from the same year car. Can't see why i'd need to tell the DVLA that as i'm not going to enhance the speed.

Although, i was thinking it would be cheaper then buying a head gasket set etc.

When i used to have a Saxo. People used to put 1.1 heads on a 1.6 engine (Both 8V's Engine). Thus would make the compression slightly more, and giving out more power. Can you do this on Punto's ? (And no, i wouldn't need tell the DVLA this as its only a Head ;0)