I bought a 2004 16v sport last night of a private trader. It is a cat de write off but i've done some checks on it and its all been repaired to a very high standard and there is proof of this... I paid 3,800 for it. its very very nice, canary yellow, sport wing mirrors with indicator lights, sport wipers, two tone yellow and black leather interior, speakers in back, its proper been vamped up BUT i collected in last night, test drove it, noticed some discrepancies that the seller said he would sort later..

I drove it to work this morning and its got all the poorly symptoms of the head gaskett going. temperature gaige is on high/red, there is no heat blowing, and the noise coming from the dash is un real,, bubbling, banging and clicking.. i spoke to fiat picadilly and they said that this sounds like the head gaskett has gone... i'm gutted and cried like a real girl!

so,,, head gaskett needs doing, stems need inserting so i can adjust the wing mirrors, indicator light on one of wing mirrors isn't working (could be just bulb or may be electrics), i can't hear the music as the speakers are only in the parcel shelv so i will need these connecting to front. head lamb blew last night.. what else... mmmh nowt at this moment in time but i can see somert else popping up.

can some one advise me on what to do? prices? would going to fiat be best or getting my newly qualified 21 year old mechanic who trained with fiat to fix the lot..?

i'm at my wits end. bought my dream yellow spot punto and look whats happened. i'm devastated..