hi guys
i sent my t2554r turbo off for a recon at turbo centre. i told the guy on the phone what turbo it was and that it was passing oil with only an ever so slight play. really the turbo is in not that bad a condition just me wanting the best for the old girl. any way they phoned me today and said that they were not aware it was a ball bearing turbo and they could not servies it. i said thats fine send the turbo back to me which they said was no problem. i put the phone down.

two minutes later the phone rings and it the manager of the company, he explained what the previous guy had said and tried to sell me a new turbo wich i declined. so again i said send the turbo back and i will use it until i find some one who can do a recon on it. to which he replied you wont beable to use it as we have taken it apart, and they cant put it back together because it will be in worse condtion than what i sent it in. not a happy bunny. i told the guy i would ring tomorrow.
my question is is this normal procedure when you send a turbo in or am i been done. sorry for the lengthy right up but want you guys to no the full story