Thread: New TV..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New TV..

A new TV has been on my mind for quite a while now and I've narrowed it down a little but also interested if any of your guys have the following or can offer a credible alternative. Me and her indoors live other side of the city to my mates and family and likewise for her, most evenings im in 4-5hours before her and get a hours and hours to play games and watch movies, so a good TV has become a high priority for me right now. Currently struggling by with a Panasonic TH-32LXsomething-or-other.

Im not interested in Sony, Toshiba, JVC, Loewe for a number of reasons, manly cost, value for money or manufacture.

Im primarily interested in Panasonic and LG, but Samsung, Philips and Sharp could be contenders.

Im looking for well rated, ~50inch (46" - 55"), 3D. Budget of £1200 give or take.

Smart TV is not a prerequisite, neither is the TV being LED backlit.

- Of Particular interest to me is the Panasonic P46 or P50GT30B. A very highly rated TV, VERY nice to look at and full of features and highly specced, new generation plasma.

- LG 47 or 55LW550T. Also highly rated, award winning apparently (not seen where or what for) Passive 3D and smartly priced, LED so the picture at face value looks good!

My issue is, the designer at work has a 42inch LG 450T and raves about the Passive 3D and suggests to me that the active 3D on the Panasonic may send me wappy after a short period. He has said all this after I just about had my heart set on the Panasonic... Cost of the glasses isnt a factor as we do Panasonic 3D glasses at work but if they're a bastard to put up with then Id rather avoid! Tried a few passive 3D LG screens in stores and it looks good but admitedly not as good as active setups and it washs out towards the edges :s

Does anybody have an LG passive setup or a new generation Panasonic Plasma screen? Or able to offer a like for like alternative?
    Last edited by Superman; 12th December 2011 at 13:16.