Hey.

Had an Audi a4 2.0 Tdi to de-tar at the weekend after it being absolutely caked in road tar.

The reflections were pretty limited with all the tiny black specs all over the car.

Every panel was covered apart from the roof!

This was my first go at using Autosmart Tardis on a larger scale, normally just use a little bit on a cloth for the odd spec but this required a bit more

I didn’t get that many full shots of the car before; more close ups of specific panels.

Befores:

Front end.

Wheels were in a pretty shocking state – lots of motorway miles.

Lower door.

Boot.

Rear bumper. Note all the tiny black dots.

Wing mirror.

Top of the wind screen.

Rear clusters, pretty manky.

Rear badge was even covered inbetween.

Hosed the car down and began on the tight work. Using APC and a detailing brush.

This was just after using APC on the wheels, most of the dirt has been removed but brake dust still stands...

Sprayed a liberal amount of tardis on the wheels, left it to dwell for a few mins, can see it bleeding here. Yum

Tar was removed but brake dust was still there so clayed the wheels to remove the brake dust. Came out pretty shiny. Nice beading too.

Front arch.

Bottom of door.

I gave it a wash with durogloss 901 and a wash mitt. Reflections are pretty good but obviously not as good as it was going to be.

Began with the tardis on the panels, front arch here bleeding.

The cloth after wiping.

And... clean!

Rear number plate and bootlid.

My fav before and after...

All gone.

Rear bumper.

Rear done. Can see a massive improvement already.

Rear arch bleeding.

Doors bleeding.

All done, rewashed and dried

I then applied collinite #915 and left to cure for 20 mins or so.

Final shots:

Bit of beading dew the next morning. Love how colli beads.

Cheers, Dan. Files are on my Flikr account so hopefully they won't be removed this time.