Hi guys, this might inspire you to have another think about opening up a car care / detailing section to the forum. I know it's not to everyone's tastes, but I know a few of you appreciate a clean car

So, this is partly what me and my dad have been up to, inbetween tweaking what I have dubbed the "Super Punto"

This is just an array of photo's of a car we did an Enhancement Detail on recently. Just to show what can be achieved.

So, this is the process carried out:

• Vehicle rinsed then snow foam applied to suspend dirt and left to dwell for 5 minutes.
• Wash the vehicle using double bucket method.
• Wheel arches cleaned.
• Wheels cleaned using non-acidic alloy wheel cleaner.
• Lower third sprayed with a non-caustic traffic film remover and then rinsed.
• Panel gaps, door shuts, and badges cleaned.
• Clay bar used to remove bonded contaminates from paintwork (inc door shuts and wheels).
• Vehicle re-washed and dried.
• Record paint thickness readings, and mask all exterior plastics ready for polishing.
• Enhance paintwork using SIM-180 Rotary with suitable pad/polish combination. Single stage.
• Cleanse paintwork by hand using pre-wax cleaner on a microfiber pad.
• Pre-selected wax/sealant is applied*.
• Door shuts waxed for added protection.
• Interior fabric/leather cleaned and vacuumed.
• Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected.
• Interior glass cleaned.
• Exterior glass sealed using a water repellent.
• Tyres cleaned and dressed.
• Exterior plastics dressed.
• Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished.
• Final inspection to make sure your car meets our high standards.

So, on arrival:

So, as you can see, not exactly a pretty site!! The car had been subjected to Tesco £5 hand washes, and general mistreatment over the last few years (it's an '02 plate btw), including being driven half into a hedge..

So, after wash and some claying (which took us the best part of 2hrs just to clay!!), we were left with this:

More damage showing up under the halogens

And then 50/50..

Now inside the garage, day 2 - near side, like before, this was the one that had been in the hedge

This was from the drivers side which wasn't quite as bad - this mainly had wash damage..

One of the better 50/50's

Completed:

Got loads more pictures, but didn't want to bore you all. Main point of the thread was to see if there was any further interest in a detailing section??

And just to let you know, it's me, Matt, who is the King of Buff. My dad (GPM) is king of the wash mitt, and head receptionist

Thoughts and opinions welcome.