Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: South East RR Results...

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Boys boys boys! I was there helping Bob run the dyno down at Dynotech, Dean knows me well and I've witnessed LOTS of cars on that dyno and I'm sorry but the wideband lambda is not wrong and it's certainly not worn out with regards to the fuelling measured.

With regards to this 4th gear nonsense hardly any dyno's do power-runs in 4th on a RR and I've been to several throughout the country. 3rd is the optimal gear and we even proved there was no difference by power-running Dean's car in 4th so that's rubbish as well.

Bob is hardly a cowboy, have you ever had a good read of the website, the business, the dyno? Obviously not! www.hayesdynotech.co.uk - Just incase you missed it!

Sadly it seems the wonderful SEB2 chip quite obviously over-fuels because as soon as we put a Golf GTi on, running stock, the fuelling was spot on, albeit a little rich as that's the way VW have mapped them. Not to mention other stock cars we've had on there and all have been perfect!

Steve Sadler (who you probably haven't heard of) is one of the best live mappers in Kent and he uses Bob's dyno due to it's accuracy and I've watched him map everything from Skylines to Pug 205 GTi's and he always makes more power when the fuelling/timing is sorted and it's SPOT ON with accurate readings that coincide with when he's listening for DET.

Notice when some of the car's ran leanerthey made more power? Funny that! The SEB2 chip over-fuels and you obviously don't like it, fair enough but sorry the dyno isn't wrong. It's a 2008 450DS AWD and was setup professionally by Dyno Dynamics and Bob had LOTS of hours of training so he knows what he is talking about.

Sorry to upset you all and have a good rant but I don't think it's fair to ridicule Bob in this way!

I'm willing to keep battling on this one on behalf of Bob because it's out of order.

Oh and BEFORE you say you've never had a GT, I've actually owned 2 and they were both SEB2 and both weren't very good but that was my bad luck it seemed. Ask Dean!

So come on....let the debate begin!
    I don't think anything you have said proves that the SEB chip is the problem. It only goes towards that fact that your rollers are accurate.

To me this seems to be more an engine wear problem than a chip problem.
    Last edited by Puntoboy; 10th March 2009 at 23:06.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

I dont think this 'diddy' response is really any better than anyone elses, he doesnt sound particularly professional as he like other people is just blame passing. He says 'its the chip' not his dyno, the others say 'its the dyno' Its just circular blame.

These cars are old, theyre not running right, thats about the bottom of it.

Southern Events Organiser
    this could be the fault its just strange how they both come out at the same power, and its got to be unlikly that both cars have engine wear..
    like i said im gonna run some tests and i will let you all know...

hans also said that the map hasnt been changed... so unless its a bad batch, but really unlikely

hans- would my seb1 be ok with my set up... (as per sig) running 19psi

lol at bad batch...

Banned Trader
    as its been said people accept it the cars are at very newest 10 years old now you tell me a engine that has no wear in that amount of time it just doesnt happen. the dyno would no be wrong itself as dyno dynamics machines are best on the market at this present time. Think the problem lies with the cars not the machine or the sebs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    Mitsi rules.
    Second fiddle in most ways to a GT25R James.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Boys boys boys! I was there helping Bob run the dyno down at Dynotech, Dean knows me well and I've witnessed LOTS of cars on that dyno and I'm sorry but the wideband lambda is not wrong and it's certainly not worn out with regards to the fuelling measured.

With regards to this 4th gear nonsense hardly any dyno's do power-runs in 4th on a RR and I've been to several throughout the country. 3rd is the optimal gear and we even proved there was no difference by power-running Dean's car in 4th so that's rubbish as well.

Bob is hardly a cowboy, have you ever had a good read of the website, the business, the dyno? Obviously not! www.hayesdynotech.co.uk - Just incase you missed it!

Sadly it seems the wonderful SEB2 chip quite obviously over-fuels because as soon as we put a Golf GTi on, running stock, the fuelling was spot on, albeit a little rich as that's the way VW have mapped them. Not to mention other stock cars we've had on there and all have been perfect!

Steve Sadler (who you probably haven't heard of) is one of the best live mappers in Kent and he uses Bob's dyno due to it's accuracy and I've watched him map everything from Skylines to Pug 205 GTi's and he always makes more power when the fuelling/timing is sorted and it's SPOT ON with accurate readings that coincide with when he's listening for DET.

Notice when some of the car's ran leanerthey made more power? Funny that! The SEB2 chip over-fuels and you obviously don't like it, fair enough but sorry the dyno isn't wrong. It's a 2008 450DS AWD and was setup professionally by Dyno Dynamics and Bob had LOTS of hours of training so he knows what he is talking about.

Sorry to upset you all and have a good rant but I don't think it's fair to ridicule Bob in this way!

I'm willing to keep battling on this one on behalf of Bob because it's out of order.

Oh and BEFORE you say you've never had a GT, I've actually owned 2 and they were both SEB2 and both weren't very good but that was my bad luck it seemed. Ask Dean!

So come on....let the debate begin!
    Diddlington, you great big Git, how are you?

Regardless, you're missing the point big time, no one said he wasnt pro, i just said hes a southern money grabber for wanting £10 for a few clicks on his pentiumII to add in a torque graph, maybe RPM and Boost would of been good and helped alot more then him just saying "its running rich"

FWIW, they arnt running that rich, just on the rich side and its been said a dozen times in this thread alone now, sebs run on the rich side to keep temps down therefore prolonging life.

My AFR is spot on at 226hp maybe more, on a completely stock engine, says alot for the SEB chip IMO, just because a few cars all had the same funny reading and now moany owners on the same RR/equipment speaks for itself also. Taking this into account i still said its the individual engines etc, not the rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy View Post
    I don't think anything you have said proves that the SEB chip is the problem. It only goes towards that fact that your rollers are accurate.

To me this seems to be more an engine wear problem than a chip problem.
    You agreed with Debbie over the page it was the AFR reading/equipment...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post
    These cars are old, theyre not running right, thats about the bottom of it.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Second fiddle in most ways to a GT25R James.

Diddlington, you great big Git, how are you?

Regardless, you're missing the point big time, no one said he wasnt pro, i just said hes a southern money grabber for wanting £10 for a few clicks on his pentiumII to add in a torque graph, maybe RPM and Boost would of been good and helped alot more then him just saying "its running rich"

FWIW, they arnt running that rich, just on the rich side and its been said a dozen times in this thread alone now, sebs run on the rich side to keep temps down therefore prolonging life.

My AFR is spot on at 226hp maybe more, on a completely stock engine, says alot for the SEB chip IMO, just because a few cars all had the same funny reading and now moany owners on the same RR/equipment speaks for itself also. Taking this into account i still said its the individual engines etc, not the rollers.

Agreed!

i aint moaning dude. just bringing it to attention of the forum....
    im happy with 155.8 its progress, just not quite there yet!

Fair enough Chief.

No ones infact said the rollers are inaccurate, just his wideband if anything and its easy as one that gets swapped about like a workshop one does needs regular calibration, however i dont think its that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    I agreed it was a possibility.

Stop trying to pick apart my posts.
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

just gotta crack on and find the problem...gonna invest in a stage one or t25 turbo now i think.

i am also running the cooler ngk7`s which isnt really helping my situation i would imagin. they will be the first to go.. at which point i will check the compression.. then if all is ok.. start checking for cracks in manifolds etc.and change the wurbo while i have the inlet off.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast