Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ecu Chip Tuning / Remap

Punto know it all
    How many live maps do you think they can do in a day lads

PSC Trader
    2 Maybe 3 a day ?!?

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    to be honest mate there isnt really a good answer to that but, imo if you have all the seb4 mods and then have a live remap you should gain 10-20bhp on what the seb would give you.
    This is not true Im affraid.

You are still bound by Bosch Management and the AFM.

Lets say you are making 220hp on a good Seb4 setup. Adding a live map wont take you to 240. I hope you realise this.

I have seen countless companies appear before offering the remap service where they download upto 30000 maps off the net, tweak it a bit then hey presto your car is magically remapped. When to do it properly takes a LONG time.

But feel free to try the live map, and dont let them copy your seb4, they'll probably use it for themselves

Also you will not add 20hp to a 170hp standard turbo car. This will never happen.

The seb2 is at peak power on standard turbo. This has been proven a few times in the past 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post

Lets say you are making 220hp on a good Seb4 setup. Adding a live map wont take you to 240. I hope you realise this.

I have seen countless companies appear before offering the remap service where they download upto 30000 maps off the net, tweak it a bit then hey presto your car is magically remapped. When to do it properly takes a LONG time.

But feel free to try the live map, and dont let them copy your seb4, they'll probably use it for themselves
    im not in anyway knocking the seb's james, they are great for what they cost, but lets face it 220 on seb4, not often. more like 200-205, and with a live map and the same mods should get 220.

but like you i thought a live map took a lot longer than a couple of hours and if it is going to be just a tweeked downloaded map then this route wont be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    Deans 16VT is producing standard power, on a standard map, with standard fuel pressure and standard boost. So in which case is perfect.

Punto Lover
    It all depends on the set up and quality of items used, Karting and Gez Both used new turbos and made good figures 221 and 219 respectively. Both had different set ups etc, but the main item (Turbo) was new on both. I think sometimes people fit the parts and never get it set up properly. I know a lad that had a GT made 150 had it set up etc and it then made 163, 13 bhp is a lot just by having it all set up properly, timing fuelling etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    im not in anyway knocking the seb's james, they are great for what they cost, but lets face it 220 on seb4, not often. more like 200-205, and with a live map and the same mods should get 220.

but like you i thought a live map took a lot longer than a couple of hours and if it is going to be just a tweeked downloaded map then this route wont be for me.
    A good Seb4 setup is more than just chip, turbo, fmic,

It includes injectors, cam at 1.35bar, and headwork.

Basic Seb4 is 200. A live map on a basic seb4 wont see you 220 not unless boost is cranked higher to a dangerous level.

Imagine trying to get 220hp from an md103 on a live map when on a seb4 at 1.5bar it makes only 195.

For the record to clarify.

A live map is better than a preprogrammed chip. Its also only as good as the mapper, which Im sure Aaron has 10 years or so live mapping lots of different cars.

Punto know it all
    Interesting to hear you're response Aaron?

PSC Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hans View Post

Always one !!!

WE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FILES.

we create our own maps there and then, infact we have smaller companies contact us to transfer the file over to them.

All our engineers are fully qualified and our head engineer being MOTEC trained in the USA. A course which was fully paid by the company to benefit all.

We are able to offer FILE.Maps which is basically what the person who im quoting has said, these are slightly available to tweek however never great having these maps as not for that specific spec.

We also offer a bespoke map, thats changing your current map to suit the spec and model. We believe these are better then the FILE.Map as they are made there and then with that specific customer / car in mind.

Live mapping is where we'll spend a good few hours getting the map to 0.1bhp out its true performance. These can take up to 6 hours on and off the rolling road. Getting A/F Ratio to the perfect degree.

Rolling Road - is good for setting up the A/F Ratio but never 2 dyno's are the same as the weather , car, rollers all make a difference from item to item (dyno) Imagine you pedling down the road on your bike, then a friend picking up the rear wheels and you still pedling ( rough e.g ) thats what a dyno is doing. Even the better dyno dynamics rolling road tend to be off actual bhp as all wind resistance , weight is effected.

Please dont insult our intelligence as its only a lack of your own.

Please feel free to contact the other owners clubs that we trade on as i doubt you'll find a bad word spoke about us.

Thanks

Aaron

Sales Manager - City Styling Ltd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast