Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSC Super Moderator / Thread or Post Deletion

PSC Super Moderator / Thread or Post Deletion

Right, we all get notified when a thread or post is removed.. at first, this told you WHO had deleted or moved it, so that you could ask why or whatever. I've noticed, as the censorship police are particularly strict with me, that this has now changed to just "PSC Super Moderator" - it's a form of cowardice, I think it should be changed back to how it was in the beginning. It was a good idea informing people automatically, as any issues could be resolved with the moderator (I found it most annoying when we didn't know whodunnit, especially when I logged on hours later to find half a thread missing ).

What are other peoples thoughts and suggestions on this subject?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Sports Club Member
    Id be quite happy to have my name branded about as to why i had deleted yours or anyone elses post.

However..

I think the idea of having it state PSC Super Moderator is incase someone like your self, thinks we or an individual has a vendetta against him/her.

At the end of the day, does it actually matter who deleted it? it was obviously deleted for a reason and 99% of them are good ones.

I was once told the reason for deletion was "because I'm on a power trip" - I guess that falls into the 1%

Got one today that said "off topic" - I imagine half the forum to disappear if you as moderators are to start deleting posts for being off topic, as most threads end up that way. It was just the usual censorship IMO.
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Sports Club Member
    yup, everyone expect half the forum to vanish.

you are like my girlfriend Debo, pretty, but always over reacting.

Thank you, sugar

This isn't an overreaction though, I'm sure you'll agree I have raised a valid point. I'm keen to hear other peoples thoughts on it aswell, and then maybe, just maybe, we can make a decision together as a club on what to do about it. That'd be nice wouldn't it, instead of been dictated to?

Punto Sports Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Thank you, sugar

This isn't an overreaction though, I'm sure you'll agree I have raised a valid point. I'm keen to hear other peoples thoughts on it aswell, and then maybe, just maybe, we can make a decision together as a club on what to do about it. That'd be nice wouldn't it, instead of been dictated to?
    I dont think there is a problem having a discussion about it. Both you and i have voiced our opinions, lets hear some more.

Don't people have real things to worry about. Its a forum provided elsewhere, you post on it etc. I've been around GTs 10 years and more and am still here and I just post and help and do whatever. I don't give a **** if Puntoboy uses it for his own private sex club (psc) because it doesnt effect my life and I don't give a ****.

Anyway

Punto Sports Club Member
    oh you do have a way with words hans

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I was once told the reason for deletion was "because I'm on a power trip" - I guess that falls into the 1%

Got one today that said "off topic" - I imagine half the forum to disappear if you as moderators are to start deleting posts for being off topic, as most threads end up that way. It was just the usual censorship IMO.
    The off topic was deleted because it was off topic for the event organiser thread. Is that not good enough reason?

I dont mind having my name on it, well talk about it for you Debo and see what all the mods think.
    Punto Gt no more!

Punto Sports Club Member John_c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minimaniac View Post
    yup, everyone expect half the forum to vanish.

you are like my girlfriend Debo, pretty, but always over reacting.
    Pics needed tbh
    Zetec kicking in y0!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast