Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nissan vs Honda masterdebation

i wouldnt say the perception of hondas is chav, more like bmw's or merc's lol! in my opinion i would go with the pulsar/sunny gtir everytime and i have been in and driven on several ocasions a ek9, dc2, an 03 civic and the new type r (new one is ****) and and a coupla pulsars. although vtec, is a brilliant form of mechanical engineering, just love the pulsar!

at the end of the day its a matter of personal opinion not fact, you can argue the toss over nurburg ring times all day long but that means fadge all when comparing them to britians modern if not crap roadsurfaces. the opinions of each car are fixed becuase debo has a honda and karting has a pulsar!

Punto know it all
    I love the way debo changes the point of this thread every time an argument comes against him. I.e its been based on total sales ( in which case the mr2 wins as toyota make more cars than honda?) through to a better car being one you can go to a night club in?

And then he throws in he's better than other people because he doesn't drink when he goes out?

Oh and it's down to which cars fasted, untill other cars were posted and then speed isn't the issue?

Make your mind up on why you are arguing there better debs, don't say its irrelevant every time someone betters you!

Banned Trader
    honda = gaytec = fail

nissan=turbo=huge smile on your face

lets be honest people who wants to rag their car to make it go anywhere why not have boost

Not much makes you smile when a Vtec motor unleashes the big cam...

HOWEVER: Im confident the novelty would wear off for me personally. Would like one, but not that much.

Banned Trader
    just annoyin you have to rev it to 900000000000000000000 rpm to go anywhere really

Quote Originally Posted by james_666 View Post
    just annoyin you have to rev it to 900000000000000000000 rpm to go anywhere really
    Not really, thats the fun, and the point of it...

Maybe you should stick to a 90s pre common rail, non turbo diesal so you only have to rev to 3500rpm before changing gear.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Quote Originally Posted by james_666 View Post

I think thats the beauty of it, you accelerate to 9000rpm engine working hard thinking its got nothing left to give, then you get jolted back and hear there awesome sound, and even if u wanted to you can get a vtec controller to bring it down

Can always turbo a K20, not to hard, and no rebiuld needed.

340-380whp on the stock engine with bolt on turbo, will kill most cars on the road.

Adi

I was waiting for James to pipe up about how crap Type-R's are, afterall, his uncles, dog breeders, sisters, husbands, cousin had one once, and blew it up when he ran it out of oil

Quote Originally Posted by CaL View Post
    I love the way debo changes the point of this thread every time an argument comes against him. I.e its been based on total sales ( in which case the mr2 wins as toyota make more cars than honda?) through to a better car being one you can go to a night club in?

And then he throws in he's better than other people because he doesn't drink when he goes out?

Oh and it's down to which cars fasted, untill other cars were posted and then speed isn't the issue?

Make your mind up on why you are arguing there better debs, don't say its irrelevant every time someone betters you!

The argument was actually about a 1990's Pulsar vs a 2002 DC5 - there is only one winner, the DC5. Pulsars are vastly unreliable, in the sense that they break gearboxes and clutches like no other car on earth, and they look like a wedge of cheese with a cheese grater on the bonnet - the best bit about them is their engine, and even that's not a work of art. The best engine Nissan have made is the RB26. Honda have the B, J, and K series engines, all of which are better engineered. Current K series 2.0 in the Civic FD2 has 240hp N/A and overall the car is quicker around a race circuit than an R34GTR Skyline... that is quite some achievement you know, given that the Skyline is the best car Nissan make. The DC5 is more reliable than a Pulsar, and handle better too. If you wanted big power like a Pulsar, then all you need to do is Turbo the DC5 and you'll have more - these engines can handle over 40psi on stock internals

Back to looks and nightclubs, the Pulsar is gash like I've already said. Erm, DC5 looks really good, and although these are my opinions, I'm sure you'll agree. Most people on here get a hard-on just looking at a DC5
    Last edited by Tom; 24th December 2008 at 13:15. Reason: Do we really have to check every post you make?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast