Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan vs Honda masterdebation

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    There is no lag with N/A, it's instant throttle response and power?

Standard vs Standard, yeah the Sunny might be quicker in a straight line - but you'll fry your clutch or break your gearbox before the breadvan even needs servicing Take them around a track and it's a bit more even. I noticed you chose to ignore the FD2 comment, that it's quicker than an R34GTR around Tsukaba No turbo, no nonsense - just power, the way God intended it to be.. at atmospheric pressure
    yeah but untill you get to 4k you have no power, just standard 2litre power, like i have just standard 2litre power until turbo spools, but at 3k

i choose to ignore the comment on the fd2 and r34gtr purly because you cant deny facts. but im sure the r35 will beat the fd2 around it.

Also what about times at the nurburgring, your hondas best time round their is the basically race spec nsx at 8.38, then s2000 at 8.39 and then civic at 8.47. Our datsuns have the 350z at 8.26 and r35gtr at 8.22.

You have to remember your commenting on a car which is easily 19-16years old comparred to the civics and integras which are 10max

Punto Lover
    oh and the fastest EVER time at nurburgring by a tuned (not race car) by a nissan is 7min-54seconds.

fastest ever time at the nurburgring by a tuned nsx-r(yes the uber special one) is 7min 56second

Not bad then, for a car that was designed and developed in 1990, to only be 2 seconds off the pace, without any form of forced induction

As for the other comments, you're forgetting some crucial factors - one is the price, the R35 is a £70k car isn't it? and the 350/R35 are both rwd sports cars in the same catagory as Boxster-S, Caymen-S etc. Granted, the S2000 is also in the roadster catagory, but it's not really anything special, it's not a Type-R, it's just a £27k Honda.. the most expensive available as it happens, they should've made an R version, but never bothered, not much market for it I don't think.

This is a debate that could go on forever, but clearly, if Datsun were any good they would be higher in the rankings, but as it happens they're only the 3rd biggest manufacturer in Japan, nevermind the world.

PS - Integra's came out in '96, so they are older than you think
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Not bad then, for a car that was designed and developed in 1990, to only be 2 seconds off the pace, without any form of forced induction

As for the other comments, you're forgetting some crucial factors - one is the price, the R35 is a £70k car isn't it? and the 350/R35 are both rwd sports cars in the same catagory as Boxster-S, Caymen-S etc. Granted, the S2000 is also in the roadster catagory, but it's not really anything special, it's not a Type-R, it's just a £27k Honda.. the most expensive available as it happens, they should've made an R version, but never bothered, not much market for it I don't think.

This is a debate that could go on forever, but clearly, if Datsun were any good they would be higher in the rankings, but as it happens they're only the 3rd biggest manufacturer in Japan, nevermind the world.

PS - Integra's came out in '96, so they are older than you think
    lol cheeky bastard. r35 is 50k i think not 70k, but dont quote me on that.

indeed could go on forever, well long past a fiat is still running at least

the last 2 times both set in the 7minutes were both forced indution even on the nsx-r

i rest my case >D

What was the Datsun though, you never said.. you compared an NSX-R against an unknown. It could've been a modified R35, in which case it's a 2008 car vs a 1990 car, whichever way you look at it! So 2 seconds, FI or not, is still pretty damn good, can be down to driver alone, on a track the size of the 'Ring.

I think another FIAT has broken down while we've been posting this. You watch, you'll see a "My GT has just died" thread pop up any moment.....
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Punto Lover
    the one modified was a r34 so atleast 7years old

Punto Lover
    i like the fact we have our own thread now too

Seperated by my good friend, Superdan

Anyway, to carry on about this 'Ring business...

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The result of Honda's NSX-R effort was a vehicle that could challenge the latest sports car models on the track, despite having a base design that was more than 15 years old. For example, noted Japanese race and test driver Motoharu Kurosawa piloted a 2003 NSX-R around the legendary Nurburgring road course in 7:56, a time equal to a Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale. The NSX-R accomplished this feat despite being out-powered by the Ferrari by nearly 100 bhp (75 kW) and weighing almost 100 kg (220 lb) more than the track-oriented Ferrari (at 1180kg).
    NSX-R = standard Honda produced car.

So you can gtfo with your false information, Mr!!

Punto Lover
    cheek the graph whilst i find the thread i found the info on with the fact they were modded

I'm looking, and it's .1 of a second slower than a 2008 Nissan GT-R, set last month infact.

The NSX-R doesn't have any airbags, spare wheel, sound deadening, stereo, stability control, aircon etc etc etc.

Modified. Pah, it came from the factory like that. Get out.
    Last edited by Debo; 23rd December 2008 at 12:37.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast