Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my other cars

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegt1 View Post
    Sir i bow down to you lol that clubman is the nuts, ive seen mini's with c20let redtops & 1600 V tec jobbies in them but never an uno turbo engine, that is rategood well done. I'm in the process of dropping a 1300 hyabusa engine in my mini.
    Few years ago there used to be a mini down Thurrock alot(by ikea before they ruined it with speed bumps) with Honda Accord Type R (2.2 VTech) engine in it. And it fcuking flew, it was racing supra's and all sorts and they just couldn touch this mini. i believe greg knew they guy iirc

Punto Enthusiast
    bit of update on the mini ,,,has had fitted gizzmo ibc ,front mount ic ,quaife diff ,made some custom archs (have got pics but my phone broke with them all ) kad ally rear traling arms an hubs , an also lowered the back to help with counter weights ..also removed the rear rad an fitted a clio d here few pics i have

Punto Enthusiast
    Top work lad! Is it RWD?

Lifeless Geek - need to get out more! Todd's Avatar
    I was told that, that design of intercooler was very inefficient when has to double back on itself, just food for thought

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I was told that, that design of intercooler was very inefficient when has to double back on itself, just food for thought
    I thought this to.
    But i still wonder how Seat got away with it on the Ibiza?

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_279 View Post
    I thought this to.
    But i still wonder how Seat got away with it on the Ibiza?
    ....because its hidden behind the bumper thats why! not many folk would realise....

Its definitely not just on the Ibiza, ive seen this type on lots of cars and vans etc and probably the main reason for this type of cooler is packaging and ease of servicing - both not really an issue when modifying. you want the best air flow path as possible. its the same principle with the combustion chambers/ports. Better flow, better performance.

Punto Enthusiast
    reason for fitting that type of inter-cooler was there is no room to run boost pipes etc,it made a massive difference to the car tho after installing it , compared to the old one

Punto Enthusiast
    hey there, i'm considering doing the same build as you for the mini, i was just wondering if there was a project thread anywhere online? i have looked through 16valve mini and TMF a fair bit, but there are no detailed threads as it seems a fairly rare choice of engine, any info would be greatly appreciated, and again that mini looks great!

actually, scratch that, i've just found your thread on 16vmini!
    Last edited by GT3guy; 17th August 2012 at 21:46. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

Punto Enthusiast
    cool ,so what do you want to know ,,its not an easy task ,what do you want to use mini based frame or rover metro based ? mini based you can fit it in a round nose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123