Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Super Grape!!

Bye bye Super Grape!!

This is in commemoration of the Super Grape, probably the best car i'll have ever owned, **** all in petrol, bugger all on insurance, it was free just needed an MOT, almost indestructable, the sheer comic value as i was beyond caring what people thought as i bazzed about in it and just all the fun me and the boyos had in it!

Unfortunately due to having too many cars at our house and obviously needing the garage space to work on the Xploit its had to leave,forever and been trying to make myself get rid for weeks, well months... Rang Podders up and he said he'd give me £40 whether they collected it or i dropped it off so had them pick it up sunday morning, was well windy so not sure if i was crying or it was just my eyes watering....

Either way the adventure is over but the legend must live on, so hope you enjoy this massive thread dedicated to the Super Endurace Grape!

When it first turned up, thanks to my mates cousin for picking it up from LON DON, and thanks to Rich who gave it to me in my hour of motoring need!

Came in almost mint condition with only 34k miles on the clocks! Only probs been some light cosmetic damage where some lads had apparently rolled it onto its side, and then Ben pulled the wing mirror off, bar that Mint, new brake shoes to pass MOT, jobs a goodun!

With the Xploit, which if anyone remembers annialated cylinder 3 so was only meant to be having a rebuilt 1400 but most knwo how that has turned out, the Grape looks bigger then the GT!

The Grapes first mission was to become a turbocharged rear engine beast! picking this 1.3 UnoT engine up tbh, it managed the Derbyshire dales with ease, potential was already looking fantastic for it as a Haulage monster!

Within a week it had gone from 34k something to 36000miles, was just having too much fun!!! note: running 2turbos at 2bar boost

Other haulage contracts included the disposal of half the Xploit GTs interior

The Grape camps with its buddys in the SNOW at ISTS-2008, car of the show? I think so!!!

In May the Grape made its second trip to the desert, this time getting in abit further, it drove straight up that hill in 2nd gear, must have about 4000ftib or something!

shite iphone pics...tut!

EPIC

steeper then it looks, either way that cars got skills!

The week after, the Grape helps strip Ben's GT down, i had to drive the beast back from Crewe like that at 4am!!! That scruffy git isnt me BTW...

anyway, the Grape ends up caged up, like the true track monster it is!

the perfect cabin, pure luxuary.

The first of many times it would be slammed!

And what it would be after been emptied, 4x4!!!

Look at that storage space, Clarkson could fit the more cheese in there then an M5 tourer and an E-class AMG put together!!

Grapes got wood!

Grape disposes of fitted wardrobes with ease!

A few weeks later me and Ben made an epic trip to Ramsgate to pick up a 1600 engine which is part of project slim-fast, the Grape reflects!

After 5hours hoon down to ramsgate at 80mph most of the way the Grape helped hoik the engine out, i checked the tyres... gettin abit bare, probably the original ones

Engine fits into grape like a glove!

Engine would fit snuggle with the crane, gearbox, all my tools and us two lads, EPIC

heavy load

SLAMMED!!! even without is in yet lol

We managed a 6hour trip back like this with ease, it lapped the miles up.

Grape does Dreamland

Grape races through the Dartford tunnel at Mach10

Before getting back to Notts we weighed the car minus the men, 1160kilo, previously it weighed in at 720kilo

Less then a week after its +500mile round trip its off on its Jollies to LE MAAAAAAAAANS, Grape does dover-calais ferry

Grape fills up at Shell in France

The 'Pigeron of Prosperity and road safety' is garnished upon the Grapes bonnet in honour of Johns Ponti's Firebird!

other additions are made

The Grape stops for a rest, as do we in some dodgy french bogs

Grape gets to LE MANS, note: aerodynamic aids on bonnet.

Grape fetchs beer and supplies, taunts retarded French cousin in carpark

Grape Hauls 8 straping males + beer around Le Mans, must of been close to 100stones of British Beef which is over 600KILO!!! It loved it!

Proper SLAMMED, can anyone beat that? The French Police just laughed

They're lovin it too ha ha

While in France, Grape plays volleyball

Aftermarket aerodynamic aids helped give the Grape a similar drag coefficent to a Ferrari Enzo!

Grape wears hat

Grape meets its Dad!

A few hours later the Grape has taken us to the EIffel tower

Epic!

Grape in Paris!

blending in

Grape camps illegally in France

Grape collects cans to recycle!
    Last edited by Superman; 3rd December 2008 at 04:52.

Grape visists French Post office, has lost its cans...

Grape stops for groceries and supplies, also steals French traffic cone, thief!!!

Grape attains infamous 'YES MAYTE' down its offside, unsure why apart from it was said alot on the trip thus far... also collects matching watering can

Soon after an excursion through Luxemburg the Grape stops to take in the German scenery

Grape + German fresh air, wonderous!

Grape gets lost trying to find the Nurburgring

Original tyres wearing well

GRAPE DISASTER! AFter trying to forge a route through actual random woods, the front wheel drops into a little stream/gulley thing deep in German forest :s

Zac singley handedly FAILS to push the Grape free, so the clever clogs chocks the wheel and BAM, the Grape is free

We then camped on the edge of the forest instead lol

OCD kicks in and i had to sort out the bombsite in the back as we prepared for the 'Ring! weight distribution n that...

But first needed to do an oil change using this dodgey scissor jack LOL!

Luckily for the German Forest there was about 0.5 of a litre of oil in the Grape FLMAO! It was topped up with cheap german turbodiesal oil

Grape spies on prototypes testing on the Nurburgring!

Grape hits the Ring

Grape, breaking records!

Grape @ Mach10!!!

Now i realise not everyone can own or even just exeriance a car as technically brilliant as the Grape, but the Nurburgring is certainly something any enthusiast needs to do at least once!

Grape gets lots getting into Koln

Grape gets lots getting out of Koln

Grape fannys about in Belguim, i think...

Grape sports its Ring sticker, proper race bred pedigree!

Grape stops in a swanky Dutch carpark to the tune of 20 sumthing euros for only 2-3hours, outragous!

Thenm during Amsterdams rush hour, while moving the Grape to a cheaper carpark for the night disaster number2! One of the springs in the clutch plate shatters and traps the plate open, leaving me in a dilema.... 1st or 2nd cannot be engaged once the engine is turning over, but the car cant sit with the box in gear even with clutch pressed as much as pos... meanign driving in traffic was impossible, so Zac towed it to a business park where i tried to find some middle ground with the clutch cable, no luck though so the decision was made to make a break for the Europort at Rotterdam as soon as it got dark, and massive thanks to the English lady who stopped to see if we were ok, then checked on the internet for ferrys and phoned me to let me know what was available, legend!

Almost completely true!

However, we drove it all the way to Oostende in Belguim and got the 7am ferry to Ramsgate, then drove it all the way home on the stupid M25 and dartford crossing, the M11 which was a ****ing joke and then accidently through Granthem in evenign rush hour, its starter motor did overtime that day stopping, shutting off, engaging low gear and starting again lol!

Driven from Amsterdam to my garage with virtually the bare minium of use left in the clutch, EPIC EPIC EPIC.

Grape baby gearbox

Back on form, the Grape visits the scrap man, they throught i had bought the car into be scraped cheeky ****ers!

Grape gets roped into fetching Titch from Ascot, on the infield, had a nice parade right opposite the grandstand, wonder what the posh people thought

Grape visits scrapman again, they were wise not to mock it for a second time!

Grape hides in Leeds

carpark staff had to be assured it wasnt dumped there as it lived there for 3-4days at a time, tucked up!

Grape spots first GTR in Nottingham...

Grape goes rampling

camflauge

Grape makes a friend, hes still in there now!

Grape does MFN, Titch wanks over Grape

Grape disposes of the ancient counter from the Mill Cafe

Rammed and slammed!

And the Grapes final mission... stealing Tom360s cat before implimenting various dead bunnys around his garage!

RIP Grape!

RIP Super Grape
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Welsh Events Organiser
    Bit of a ledge innit, You will be sadly missed. imo you should of wrote it off instead of have it to raped repeatedly

Punto know it all
    R.i.p Grape, loved the thread, some fun looking pics, especially the one going down the hill, I'd have been scared, I'd have rather have been in a bmw 318 or something at least you have a massive bonnet/engine infront of you if you were to crash.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast