Thread: !HELP! punto gt2 injector light problem

Punto Enthusiast

!HELP! punto gt2 injector light problem

hi guys, iv read pretty much all of these problems but mine still aint right
    basicly iv just had a new manifold put on my car and now when i boot it theres only half boost and my injection light comes on. before the new manifold was on it used to run alot better and faster, boost gauge was higher and going into red during 'sporty driving' haha.
    iv had a service with new plugs oil cambelt filters, the lot, its really winding me up cos i know the car does more than wot its running at now, i just need it back the way it was.
    its running half boost on the gauge which is 0.8bar i fink, some pple sed this is normal but it used to be more and the light never came on before the manifold was on.used to rip ya head off when ya accellorated but no any more?
    any help would be great thanks

Well it must be something somebodys taken off to do the manifold i would say, maybe somethings not connected properly or completely forgot to re-fit. Worth a second look under the bonnet i reckon.

Paul

Punto Enthusiast
    yer i fink it has to b but iv had it taken apart twice and it all seems to be fine and everything seems to b working aswell. the car wont even connect to a computer niether. i read about bleed valves and other stuff but i dont no wot they are lol, iv also tried the actuator and thats fine and bypassed the wastegate but nothing has changed, obvisley its all together again lol. the light also cums on wen u rev it in nuetral but the car idles fine and runs well just wiv not as much power and the light cumin on. frustrating lol

Punto Lover
    i have this same problem mine is not boosting at all!!!

Goody 2 Puntos Coupe 20VT
    Guildford by way of Haddenham, Wilmslow and Rochdale (etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by killercraig2000 View Post
    yer i fink it has to b but iv had it taken apart twice and it all seems to be fine and everything seems to b working aswell. the car wont even connect to a computer niether. i read about bleed valves and other stuff but i dont no wot they are lol, iv also tried the actuator and thats fine and bypassed the wastegate but nothing has changed, obvisley its all together again lol. the light also cums on wen u rev it in nuetral but the car idles fine and runs well just wiv not as much power and the light cumin on. frustrating lol
    You'll need to run a "blink test" (See the "Blink Test Codes" sticky in the "Turbocharged models engines and ..." subforum) to determine what the ECU thinks is wrong (which is why the injector light comes on). If the light goes away again during a drive then it's a "temporary fault", if it's on all the time then it's a "permanent fault" and needs investigating before driving further. Coming on when revving in neutral isn't normal.

Do I understand correctly, that you've connected the "blue" and "red" pipes together to bypass the Pierburg Valve (PBV) or any other bleed valve or boost contrroller, to get actuator boost only (0.8 Bar)? Or is it all connected correctly again? (You, or someone else, may have swapped the "red" and "blue" pipes and this would affect the boost)
    Last edited by GT3guy; 8th April 2010 at 21:43.