Thread: Punto 1.2 16v Sporting

Punto Lover

Punto 1.2 16v Sporting

what would be a average price for a 2003 Punto as above be, 10k miles excellent condition, as i may be buying one from Desira but rather than buy it out right, would rather get finance, but at 12.8% apr total would be £9995.00 (ok i know i can get it cheaper through a bank etc) but cash price is still £7995.00 is this expensive?

soche
    You could get an apr of 6.5% or 6.9% but add about 1-1.5% onto that if you want to take out some kind of payment protection incase you lose your job etc etc.

Why buy another Fiat? Mk2s are built better but the 1.2 16v is slower than the mk1.

If its for your bird etc why not go Clio? Can get a nice 2001 1.6 16 valver for about £5k. Im lead to believe they're built well...

Punto Lover
    well she likes the mk2 shape and its plenty fast enough for her, she currently has a '97 clio 1.2 but turns out it had been written off at some point plus i have in my possesion a fiat trade card that gets me fiat parts at trade 8)

soche
    A fiat trades part card must get used a lot

My gf has the 1.2 8v and its poo. She hates it.

Fair enough if your gf has driven it but make her take it out for a long spin and then try some other models, non Fiat. I'd be tempoted for a clio as my next car just for all round build quality - havent driven one though.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by soche
    A fiat trades part card must get used a lot

My gf has the 1.2 8v and its poo. She hates it.

Fair enough if your gf has driven it but make her take it out for a long spin and then try some other models, non Fiat. I'd be tempoted for a clio as my next car just for all round build quality - havent driven one though.
    well i aint actually used the card yet, cause everthing i have bought has been so called "performance" parts, but me mechanic used the card for the parts for my rebuild thats why it only cost about £400 labour and parts

clio's are rank, ok hers is only a 1.2 8v, but the spec is sooo basic

soche
    New 16v range is nice comes with usual punto spec IIRC and are quite pokey i.e. 1.4 16v is around 90/100bhp - similar to mk1 punto 16vs