Im not in a freeview area

PSC Pisshead
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_dpunto
    Im not in a freeview area
    course you are smelly !

Get rob on it, He's the tv/sky geek of sussex

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by T
    incorrect, the £10 a month charge only applies to people not paying a subscription to sky, i.e. freesat. For subscribers to sky the £10 a month charge was scrapped about a year ago now.

Freesat from Sky is also a one off payment of £150 through sky, however through my company its more
    Dont quote me on this, but i beleive you can get it for £75 from some places. Which is cracking bargin.

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMike
    course you are smelly !

Get rob on it, He's the tv/sky geek of sussex

I txt the number on the side of the freeview set which says you need to check if your area is 'covered', and it says mine isnt lol.

We borrowed someones to try and sure enough it didnt work

1/4 mile at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by y2dom
    Dont quote me on this, but i beleive you can get it for £75 from some places. Which is cracking bargin.
    Thats a different deal dude, its available in like argos and ASDA and such like, what it gives you is the standard box, install and 4 of the 6 entertainment mixes available from Sky for 3 months. After the 3 months you automatically start paying the £19 per month which is what 4 mixes cost you on a subscription. HOWEVER you can cancel after 3 months instead of paying the monthly fee and you are left with a Freesat setup.

Mel, the postcode checker things are mostly bullshit, you will no doubt be able to get some partial freeview service but not full coverage with a digital wideband aerial. Give me a holla if you want a new aerial etc.

Punto Lover
    It was on the news a few days ago about the freeview service being upgraded and it damage 300,000 sets!! Was on bbc radio 2!

1/4 mile at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy C
    It was on the news a few days ago about the freeview service being upgraded and it damage 300,000 sets!! Was on bbc radio 2!
    hmmmm.....

Punto Lover
    Transmission changes in STV, Ulster, Tyne Tees and Border regions
    It has been necessary for DMOL, the body which manages the digital terrestrial television platform, to carry out some network enhancements in STV Central (Scottish), STV North (Grampian), Ulster, Tyne Tees and Border transmitter regions. From the 1st July some older digital boxes being used in Freeview homes in these areas will unfortunately stop working as a result.

Which products are affected?

This only affects people who bought some of the early models of digital boxes branded Daewoo, Labgear, Triax and Bush and is limited to the following models (click link to see image):

Set- top boxes

Daewoo DS608P
    Labgear DTT100
    Triax DVB 2000T
    Portland DP100

Combined set-top box and video recorder

Daewoo SV900
    Bush IDVCR01

Why have these network enhancements taken place now?

In 2002 when Freeview launched there were around 30 TV channels. Since then DMOL, the body which manages the digital terrestrial platform, has made ongoing enhancements to the infrastructure to provide the data and information needed for Freeview’s interactive services, digital radio stations and extra channels (now 40+). Unfortunately as a result some early boxes will no longer be able to function due to the necessary network changes and so the affected homes will need to replace their equipment to continue receiving the Freeview service.

How do I replace my box?

Owners of Daewoo, Portland and Bush branded digital boxes should call one the following numbers for further assistance:

Daewoo & Portland: 0870 100 2525
    Bush: 0871 230 1777

1/4 mile at a time
    Sorry im SE region only We dont fully switch for another 4 years, its crap. It does make sense though as the Freeview platform has massively been enhanced, still serves people right for buying a Freeview box from a company that makes cars

the ponichio nose wasn't aimed at you either dude lol, more the radio blowing things outta proportion.

Punto Lover
    No worries, had to check my self, you can relisten to the chris evans show online where they discuss the freeview situation, was on around half five on mon/tues

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast