Thread: Only a fiat!

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar

Only a fiat!

Iv just spent 400 on the punt getting new rear trailing arm, new brakes all round, and new tyres. Then while driving it home, it overheated and blew the headgasket on the motorway!! Im now waiting to see wether i need a top half rebuild, or as its only running on 3 cyllinders as one might have some water in it or something, an entire engine replacement! I was thinking of scrapping or maybe breaking it but as iv just spent so much on new brakes etc, and its had other recent bits aswell, the rest of the car is pretty much solid so might just go ahead and get it fixed, get it MOT'd and try sell it on. Iv spent quite alot of time and money on it so wouldnt want to see it go to waste, especially as i wouldn't be able to afford another car! What does everyone think???

get rid its only a 60's lol. if insurance and fund allow either get a 75 or sporting and transfer the 60's bits onto there. the headgasket is only going to be a cheap repair if you do it yourself

Punto Enthusiast punto_dunsmore's Avatar
    thats the thing, insurance and fund dont really allow. if i were to get rid of it, what do you think is the best way to get my money back, because at the mo if i sold it, id be selling it with a buggered headgasket, and barely a months MOT and 70k on the clock, so dont think id get much for it.

Punto Lover
    A hg is a real piece of piss to do on it, if you've never done one but are quite handy you won't really get an easier one to do.

Punto Enthusiast
    HG went on my 55 so bought a whole new engine with 6 speed gearbox for 50 quid, fitted it in a day