Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cig lighter errr, light

stern

cig lighter errr, light

errrm is the cig lighter supposed to be illuminated I'm sure mine always was but I was trying to light a fag last night and it took me ages to find it.

The lighter itself still works it's just not illuminated anymore.

If it's broke how the hell do you fix it can I replace a bulb or do I have to replace the thing that comes out.

Oh and while I'm at it, my rear heated window doesn't heat.

and while I'm asking pointless questions, on a three door is the drivers seat supposed to slide forward when you tilt it forward for someone to get in the back. because my passenger seat moves forward but drivers side doesn't which is a shame becuase I'm 6ft 2 and I have the seat right back.

yea the seat is spose to slide forward when you get in da back handy ant it lol. n i dont think the lighter has a light in it lol tried ripping mine out n i couldnt, didnt hear no bulds breaking while i was beating it bout.

helybely
    there is a small bulb in the back if you remove little black cover behind lighter there is green section which pulls out in there is your bulb (its in the bit that bulges out!!

Punto know it all
    my cigarette lighter/bulbs dont work at all, i just realised coz i dont smoke

im gonna check all the electric connections now, what else should i look for? where does the other end of the wires go?...

Punto know it all
    how the **** does this cigarette lighter come off? i tried everything, i got cuts and scars all over my hands from a simple job like this?...

took the ashtray off, the box on top off it, got my hand on the switch behind the lighter, but it just wont come off??

can anyone post some pics if available, any tips or ideas... cheers

helybely
    i had same problem u just cant take it out and it dont make sense!!! i HAD to take mine out to put new centre consule in so i have no light now as had to melt the big green bit using the gas cook and scraping the melted bits away with knife!!!

Punto know it all
    thats wierd... there must be a way to get it out.. something about me, i wont give up till it gets out.. 8)

(any help will be appriciated)

helybely
    good luck let me know how ur gettin on this time next year lol

Punto know it all
    if i cant take it out and fix it by next year, i'll get me chainsaw out and make sure the hole is big enough to fit 2 full size electric sockets and a few zippo lighers next to it. 8)

helybely
    lol lol that would look funny!! Helen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast