Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other bikers?

Punto know it all

Any other bikers?

Just thought i'd ask as i saw a few of you talking about the moto GP

Anyone else here a biker?
    I sold my 50 today and am booking some bike lessons up tomorrow in the hope that i can own a GSXR or similar when my compensation cheque arrives =D

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post but there isnt a "General > other bikes section" :P

Are you over 21?

GSXr wont be cheap out kid. No, my folks quite rightly fobbed my chances of 2wheels off, better done when i have the money, time and maturity, i am a motorcycle enthusiast though, i find myself to a few GPs and BSB events a year

Bobbilinda
    my sister rides a monkey bike
    i hate the dam things

Punto know it all
    I'm 17
    and yeah i know a gsxr won't be cheap, insurance is going to be 800... although thats nothing compared to my car insurance!

Still by december i'll have 2 years no claims sitting there, i need to cancel my bike off my policy, and am going to still leave it running in the hope i can afford a bike by around december

You wont be able to ride big bike till your over 21 im sure.

Punto know it all
    up to 33bhp for 2 years after you've passed your full bike test
    then you can ride what you want

Can get restrictor kits for 90% of bikes... or just go to my garage and ask them to write it down for me and slip him a tenner :P

A garage wouldn't do that for you mate, as soon as you fell off (which is highly likely as a 17 year old kid who hasn't even driven a fast car yet, nevermind ridden a superbike) and the insurance engineer checked if your exhaust has a restrictor in it, and found nothing, they wouldn't pay out. I'm not been nasty, just saying it how it is - because the garage would be in deep s**t! It's fraud.

When you are under 21, the government has made it so you can't just jump on a superbike. There is a reason for that you know? Bikes are dangerous!! Even more so on the roads of today compared to even 6 years ago when I rode a moped - because there's too much traffic and too many knobs who don't the right side shoulder check (something that I always always do).

Trust me, work your way up the ranks. The experience you gain on the 125's and 250's will be invaluable. Coincidentally, I'm 23, and seriously thinking of doing my direct access course this summer - but I'm still only going to be looking for a 250 or 400... even though the thought of a Honda SP2 or Ducati 998 is very appealing!!
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

I would love an RVF400 to bwwwwaarp about on, just money.

Punto know it all
    yeah i know bikes are dangerous, where do you think my compensation is coming from?

Still, if i can afford it i'd love to just buy a bike i love, such a gsxr and keep it restricted, then unrestrict it when my 2 years are up and i have experience, instead of just going through a few bikes and probably losing money on each one

I'd have thought if you'd already been knocked off a bike, that you'd perhaps be thinking of giving it up? My dad was a biker for 30 years, and eventually he surrendered and sold up - he hadn't been knocked off either, just fed up with inconsiderate car drivers and the fact it rains for 300 days a year in England..

If you buy old stuff like I intend to, the losses you'll incur are neither here nor there. But, it's your choice. GSX-R's are good bikes! What would you get, a 600?
    If you have any car care related questions, ask me in the Cleaning/Detailing section.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast