Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read This...Important!

Punto Enthusiast

Read This...Important!

Mr Postman just turned up and got this letter from Fiat as i bought my car direct from them, anyway this is how it goes.....

VEHICLE SAFETY RECALL NOTIFICATION

Dear Customer,

On Some first series Fiat Punto vechicles operating in an aggressive environmental conditions and where ice prevention salt is used, corrosion could occur on the rigid metal brake pipes. Over a period of time, perforation could occur resulting in a reduction in braking efficiency in one of the two circuits.

As this could affect vehicle saftey, it is neccessary to check and remendy any corrosion to the metal brake pipes and apply a corrosion protection treatment. We would therefore request that, at the earliest opportunity, you take your vehicle by appointment to your Fiat dealer who will do this work free of charge...........

It then goes on to say some other crap.
    I dont know how many of you will get this letter or actually how important it is but thought i'd just let everyone know..

Dave

Punto Lover
    Do a search, has been covered about a million times.

Punto Enthusiast
    Didnt know that did i.....as i said thought i'd put it up.

Puntogt2b
    get somebody else to do it, unless you want a new ECU.

Crash
    I got this today as well, might have a little trip down on monday.

Savage1985
    i had this done, if your under 25 becareful! cant get home, because i was stuck in havant from 9am - 3pm BORED

danrae
    i got this letter today aswell.

Breadvan Skillz
    I got one about aibags deploying themselves when water gets into the circuitry

Punto Enthusiast
    Heard about the brake pipes thing last night! Even tho Im about the 4th owner of my car, can I still nip in past with it?

Also, whats the gab with fiat trying to con folk who do take up the offer? I dont want to end up paying for parts I dont need, but don't wanna take chances wi the pipes either! :S

Punto Enthusiast
    Think i'll take a trip in there and get it looked at..seeing as its free.

But on the other hand i brought the car off them 2 years ago so why wasn't it done then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast