Thread: Punto diesels - any good as a 2nd car?

Question Punto diesels - any good as a 2nd car?

Just wondered if anyone had experience of the Punto diesel range?

I'm looking at selling the 182 at some point in favour of an Evo 6. However, doing 40 miles a day on the commute, means that the 6 can't be my daily driver! As such, I need a shed. Something to get me from work and back with some decent MPGs.

Are the Punto diesels ok, or are there some horror stories out there about them?

Any info or feedback would be much appreicated.

Cheers,
    D.

what year? my mk2 jtd is great, the mk1's are slow apparently but the engines are rock solid.

Cheers beau. I think I'd go for a Mk.1 tbh, unless I could get a decent Mk.2 cheap enough. Sounds positive that you say the engines are rock solid!

What kind of mileage do you get out of yours to a tankful? Is your daily driving a mixture of motorway and town?

Cheers,
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren S
    Cheers beau. I think I'd go for a Mk.1 tbh, unless I could get a decent Mk.2 cheap enough. Sounds positive that you say the engines are rock solid!

What kind of mileage do you get out of yours to a tankful? Is your daily driving a mixture of motorway and town?

Cheers,
    D.
    iv never worked my mileage out, so i duno, but its alot better than my punto 1.2 petrol, good thing is cruising on the motorway at 70mph it sits at just over 2k revs, therefore its so quiet on the motorway

id deffo get the turbo model, dont expect it to be quick tho lol, its about the same as a 1.2 8v petrol but the non turbo is dog slow.

you can pick up a tatty but good working order jtd mk2 punto for under £1200, mk1 will be more like £600.