Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ****ing Datsuns

Unhappy ****ing Datsuns

Saturday i was doing a service on my mates silvia (200sx), u no the usual fit uprated fuel pump, fit fuel filter, change spark plugs fit decat pipe & oviousily change oil & filter. Draining oil piece of piss, the filter that a driffrent matter. Nissan in there infinet wisdom hav mounted this pissy little filter right under the inlet manifold which there is not anoth room to get ur hand down there & grip & turn, so ok get under the car take the **** tray off & hey presto i still cud not get 2 it, well i tell a lie thre is a gap between the altenator & the subframe so i cud get my hand around the ****er, problem was a tight bastard & i 4got my tool aswell u know the bikechain jobby, so i had to leave that 4 2day. Gets 2 me mates house get car up in the air **** tray off drain oil easy, comes 2 the filter wat a ball ache mananged to get the ****er off in the end like. Had 2 take ****ing altenator off which was an even biggr ****up. So i really just wanted to get that off my chest really. ****ing jap cars. dont get m wrong its a beautiful machine but wat a ****ing job, never again i tell vee. It only takes about 5 mins 2 drop oil & change filter, PUNTO GT'S ****ING RULE

Punto Enthusiast
    Nice little tale but please... bad language, txt spk and bad grammer... Dis int a crooze man!

Quote Originally Posted by Shades
    Nice little tale but please... bad language, txt spk and bad grammer... Dis int a crooze man!
    If u had to do that oil dam filter u wud be swearing

Punto know it all
    sorry mate but i serviced a s13 a few days ago, oil filter was simple to get off, what do you expect without a strap, most oil filters are hard to remove without one!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_75SX
    sorry mate but i serviced a s13 a few days ago, oil filter was simple to get off, what do you expect without a strap, most oil filters are hard to remove without one!

Amen Brother Pablo, ive broken a two straps on filters! I like to just stap a big screw driver through them and turn them that way lol

Punto know it all
    Hammer and screwdriver = the muts nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_75SX
    Now then paul i dont no if u no about the s13 & s14. The s14 is a diffrent engine 2 the s13, s13 is a 1.8ltr & its tilted by a fair few degrees, the s14 is a 2.0ltr SR20DET. 2 completely driffrent engines sir. av u ever seen under the bonnet of an silvia or 200sx??? They r completly driffrent to the s13 engine bay. Dont beleive me check out the SXOC and u will know wat im on about

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    Amen Brother Pablo, ive broken a two straps on filters! I like to just stap a big screw driver through them and turn them that way lol
    That why i use the bikechain version of the tool. Id never av the guts to put a scroggy fruw an oil filter
    Last edited by stevegt1; 31st January 2008 at 17:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bobbilinda
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie
    Hammer and screwdriver = the muts nuts
    I tried to do that the other day and got oil all down my stupid sleeve so i just left it for my dad to finish lol

Punto know it all
    You should have carried on. It all about getting dirty. Thats half the fun of it!

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegt1
    Now then paul i dont no if u no about the s13 & s14. The s14 is a diffrent engine 2 the s13, s13 is a 1.8ltr & its tilted by a fair few degrees, the s14 is a 2.0ltr SR20DET. 2 completely driffrent engines sir. av u ever seen under the bonnet of an silvia or 200sx??? They r completly driffrent to the s13 engine bay. Dont beleive me check out the SXOC and u will know wat im on about

That why i use the bikechain version of the tool. Id never av the guts to put a scroggy fruw an oil filter
    You talk to me as if i know nothing! I've worked on both engines, inc changing turbos etc, Oil changes are probably the easiest!

2 completely driffrent engines sir. av u ever seen under the bonnet of an silvia or 200sx??? They r completly driffrent to the s13 engine bay
    What do you mean have i seen the engine bay of a 200sx an S13 is a 200sx?

What is a "scroggy frew" when its in english?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast