Punto Enthusiast
    im sure it wont be done wrong if its by a fiat geezA

Punto know it all
    You're joking right?

It's fiat!

Punto Enthusiast
    lol i suppose.

Punto Lover
    Just because its FIAT, the blokes only human. Anyone can make mistakes, Not saying he will tho.

My dad does it in his spare time, can make anycar look real shinney and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    but mopping is really bad for your car if done wrong, will leave horrible holograms and may even make swirls worse

best to get it done properly with a rotary and a nice cutting polish and pad combo

see detailing world for a list of people in your area
    Ha knew I should'nt have mentioned Fiat,
    It's actually my Mates brother and colleague who'll be doing the work so he's a mate I trust him.....
    They are using the rotary and cutting polish, its the kit they use on the showroom models.

It goes like this basicily u av got ur grit paper in diffrent grades like 1200, 1400, 800 & so on the lower the grade the higher the grit, but the paper only goes so far be4 its 2 fine, thats when componds come in i.e BUFFING compond & then T-cut then polish. I think mopping is a stuppid name, its called buffing cuse thats wat u do, u use a buffer to buff conpond into the paint to take out miner scratcher & put a shine bac into faded paint. After that process u then av use T-cut 2 get the buffing marks off, then u use polish take off exess T-cut. BUFFING not ****ing mopping.

It goes like this basicily u av got ur grit paper in diffrent grades like 1200, 1400, 800 & so on the lower the grade the higher the grit, but the paper only goes so far be4 its 2 fine, thats when componds come in i.e BUFFING compond & then T-cut then polish. I think mopping is a stuppid name, its called buffing cuse thats wat u do, u use a buffer to buff conpond into the paint to take out miner scratcher & put a shine bac into faded paint. After that process u then av use T-cut 2 get the buffing marks off, then u use polish take off exess T-cut. BUFFING not ****ing mopping.

Ha!...I like Mopping

Lion
    Its called mopping in the trade, the "boys" with there Porter Cables call it buffing / detailing lol. I used to do this, and you can get some exceptional results, its surprising on how far gone a paintjob can be restored. I'm not quite convinced its worth it on a punto, but still..

Depends how much you love your Punto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12