Thread: gt turbo help

gt turbo help

I just got my self a M reg 1.4 gt4 with 100k on the clock full service history
    now and again i feel the car boost more when i boot it . The in car boost gage goes from half way i believe this is right but now and again its got a mind of its own and it will boost more and the gage goes in to the red for a few sec then goes back to half way and you can feel there a lot more power and boost i thought it could be the Air Valve Solenoid so i cleaned it but still does its got a little beta but still there

any help welcome

If the car runs on a standard boost controller; it can experience something called boost spike or something thereabouts, where you will find that the gauge shoots right up and then sttles down.
    If you use the search function for the word spike i should imagine you'll find someting similar to what youre experiencing?
    just a thought.

?

i just looked and couldn't see any think i been looking all night but found nothing going to have a good look to morrow change all the vac pipes from the turbo

Sounds like the characteristics of the pierburg value (standard boost controller). Have a look to see if there is a small brass cylinder next to the black cover at the back of the engine bay. If there is two pipes going into the back of it it is plumbed in. Nothing to worry about.

?

would it help if i cleaned the (standard boost controller) ? how can i stop this from messing up all the pipes are plumbed in right was going to clean it with crab cleaner any idea

Q2
    When i boot it what should the sanderd boost gage read . Should it go the red 1.6 mark and come down a little as some time this happens and other time it just goes just above half way and there little boost im lose pls help cheers

Yeah when standard the boost will go up to the red on the gauge the drop a bit and settle, then drop gradually as the revs get higher.