Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone lend me 11,500,000 Yen?

ive got 16 yen and and a david hasslehoff 2003 calendar..maybe you can see if you can do a deal with that...the hoff has got to be worth his weight in yen

Punto Enthusiast
    If i could find 54k i reckon id manage another 10 for a gallardo, or get a manaro n save myself 20k. Interesting car nevertheless

A Manaro? Are you kidding me? I'll agree on the Gallardo, but a trumpted uo Vauxhall? Jeeez.....
    1997 Fiat Punto GT Abarth - being restored
    2014 Jaguar XFR-S Sportbrake

Punto Enthusiast
    Hardly a classic is it??

Quote Originally Posted by chrisxr2
    Hardly a classic is it??
    That's what I thought... Hence my comment about it's randomness.

Punto Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntoboy
    A Manaro? ... a trumpted up Vauxhall? Jeeez.....
    Eh? The Monara is anything but a trumpted(?) up Vauxhall! It may have been badged as a Vauxhall here but it is an entirely Australian designed car by legendary Aussi car manufacturer Holden (which GM have owned since 1931). Besides having the shame of being badged as a Vauxhall its all suffered the indignity of being branded as a Chevrolet Lumina. However it did fair slightly better in the States where it was sold a Pontiac GTO.

Slightly OT:
    There is also a Ute (pickup) version of the Monaro available. Which as I'm sure you can imagine... Big V8 up front + empty flat-bed out back = much fun!! It also has its own racing series in Australia & New Zealand which is, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute most entertaining "serious" motorsport you will ever watch. Its considered, although not officially condoned, as something of a contact sport... If the cars come back with both wing mirrors still on and completely dent free panels they've had a bad race! If someone gets punted off the track don't be surprised if they come back a few laps later and give the person responsible a "racing" nudge! Half the time its impossible to even hear what the commentators are saying as they are cracked up in stitches themselves!!

Here they are, unfortunately behaving themselves as its a closed street circuit... although the first words you hear from the (track) commentators is "Getting a bit of a push and shove...":
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7-PnBb5pg"]YouTube - v8 brute utes at gp 2007[/ame]

[/HOLDEN FAN-BOY MODE]

Still a bloody barge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades
    Eh? The Monara is anything but a trumpted(?) up Vauxhall! It may have been badged as a Vauxhall here but it is an entirely Australian designed car by legendary Aussi car manufacturer Holden (which GM have owned since 1931). Besides having the shame of being badged as a Vauxhall its all suffered the indignity of being branded as a Chevrolet Lumina. However it did fair slightly better in the States where it was sold a Pontiac GTO.

Slightly OT:
    There is also a Ute (pickup) version of the Monaro available. Which as I'm sure you can imagine... Big V8 up front + empty flat-bed out back = much fun!! It also has its own racing series in Australia & New Zealand which is, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute most entertaining "serious" motorsport you will ever watch. Its considered, although not officially condoned, as something of a contact sport... If the cars come back with both wing mirrors still on and completely dent free panels they've had a bad race! If someone gets punted off the track don't be surprised if they come back a few laps later and give the person responsible a "racing" nudge! Half the time its impossible to even hear what the commentators are saying as they are cracked up in stitches themselves!!

Here they are, unfortunately behaving themselves as its a closed street circuit... although the first words you hear from the (track) commentators is "Getting a bit of a push and shove...":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7-PnBb5pg

[/HOLDEN FAN-BOY MODE]
    Holden should have never sold the design to Vauxhall. They have ruined it's image.

Punto Lover
    had a manaro pass me the other day, sounded gorgeous, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.

Punto Enthusiast
    Gallardo is wot id have if i had 75k monaro if i had 35k, or maybe an ariel atom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12