Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where would I find this...

Where would I find this...

I'm after a steering column for my 2001 HGT and need it urgently as it failed an MOT last Friday due to play in the column so it's got to be replaced. I cant find one for love nor money (all breakers I've tried have 'just sold out' ) but need it for a re-test next week.

I've tried a couple of place for it and they said the only place to go wa main dealer, so I called Fiat and they wanted £530 for it!!!!

Does anyone know where I can find one, new, re-conditioned or off a broken car I dont mind I just need it ASAP!!

Any help with this people would be much appreciated....

Punto Enthusiast
    Is the part the same for all punto mk2's or specificic to the HGT? There are a few mk'2 being broken on ebay.

That's what I'm not sure about - I'm not 100% if there is a specific part for it or whether it is one part for a range of models....???

I spoke with one breaker today who breaks Punto's and he said that as long as it has the power steering pump for the 'City' steering and the ECU for the column then it should fit fine as there are a few Punto's which have the City button, but I'm not 100%.

I'm going to call Fiat tomorrow I think and see what they say, if they say anything!!!

hi
    there are about 4 diffrent types and the mk2 alone so its hard 2 just go 2 a brakers if you email me your chassis number and i will tell you the part number for the one you want and then if you find a car email me the reg or chassis number for that car and then i will make sure its the right part number i also have about 5 or 6 of these at work wot we make out of good parts so might be able to sort you sumat out pm me cheers

Punto Enthusiast
    http://find-a-part.com/
    have you tried Abarelli Autos 01323 491990

Punto know it all
    their is a hgt breaking on ebay

Ok thanks for the help guys, I'll look into those places and see what I can get hold of - no joy at the moment!!

hi
    there are about 4 diffrent types and the mk2 alone so its hard 2 just go 2 a brakers if you email me your chassis number and i will tell you the part number for the one you want and then if you find a car email me the reg or chassis number for that car and then i will make sure its the right part number i also have about 5 or 6 of these at work wot we make out of good parts so might be able to sort you sumat out pm me cheers
    I'll PM you about the part numbers etc asap...

fiat dealership if u want ur arse raping or andrew pages

Tried main dealer already, they wanted £530!! Just waiting on a quote from that find-a-part.com - hopefully they can help me out!!

I'll try Abarelli Autos in the morning!!

Anyone got a link to the HGT breaking on ebay?? I can't find it...

What's andrew pages??
    Last edited by sparky5522; 18th January 2008 at 20:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast