Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paypal

Punto Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntoBaz.NE
    Bump

Got my GT now so want to join up, dosh in paypal ready to go.
    Are you still thinking of joining?

I've been considering, but I'll sound like a parrot if I say why.

Punto know it all
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritodipuntouk
    A paypal account has been setup and is in the process of being tested to make sure withdrawals to the club bank account work ok. There will be a post once its all ready.
    This been sorted yet? Surely if it doesn't work with the club account, you could transfer from Paypal once it reaches say £100 to your personal account and then write a cheque yourself to the club account.

PAYPAL is needed - you could have a sticky at the top of each frum section saying 'JOIN THE PUNTO CLUB INSTANTLY' blah blah blah You'll get loads of signups straight away.

Punto know it all
    right im willing to take peoples money and then i can forward it to the Club any way possible.
    I may consider setting up another paypal account then i can do electronic transfers to the Club
    Paypal dont charge for you to pay say me .

If this is a solution im willing to give it a try.

Discuss first

Antony

1/4 mile at a time
    why dont u set up a advert on ebay.....

"punto sports club" membership- then u can pay using paypal.

just stick a link on this site to the page on ebay, stick it on the longest sale and on buy it now.

not very proffessional but i think you have more important things to wory about at the moment than settin the site up with paypal, this can be a tempoary measure.

Punto Lover
    I've gotten tired of this debate now, and I've just put my application in the post. Let's see how long it takes to process, at least now I won't feel guilty about wasting bandwidth as I'm paying for it

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    OK, heres an update on the PayPal situation - sorry for the delay but I have been away from home providing training.

I set up two Paypal accounts - one personal one for myself and one for the Club. Both are currently normal accounts, not Premier or Business.

I have just made an instant bank transfer from my personal paypal account to the Club paypal account, and have requested a withdrawal from the Club paypal account of the funds to the Clubs Bank Account. This should take 5-7 days to go through, so I will know if it has been successful next Friday at the earliest, the Tuesday after at the latest.

A word about paypal and fees. If a payment is funded by Paypal balance or by bank transfer there is no fee, just 25p to withdraw the funds to the bank account. However, if the payment is funded by debit or credit card it will be neccessary to upgrade the paypal account to a Premier or Business account to accept it and then there is the 3.4% + 20p fee to receive the funds on top of that to withdraw them. In other words, to get £15 in the Bank account it would be neccesary to charge £16.

The delay in setting up Paypal is mostly due to the fact that the aim was to have the whole application process online - i.e. fill in an online application form as well as online payment. However, due to lack of time lately this has not been possible for me to do. Due to the continued demand to pay via paypal it is in the process of being set up but for the moment it will still be necessary to fill in and post an application form.

Honorary Club Member spiritodipuntouk's Avatar
    Just an additional note about membership processing times

Currently I send membership cheques off to the bank on a weekly basis, generally at the weekend. I then produce membership packs the following weekend and send them off on the Monday.

Example:

I receive a membership application and cheque on Tuesday 17th August. I then post this to the Bank on Sunday 22nd August. I then produce and send out the membership pack on Sunday 29th August - the member should receive this on the Tuesday or Wednesday. So there is around a 2 1/2 week turnaround - unless there are circumstances such as holidays or business trips. This is why I state on the website to allow 4 weeks to receive packs.

Another advantage of paypal is yearly subscriptions can be setup which would be processed automatically once per year. This will no doubt cut a lot of admin time when it comes to rebilling etc.

A script could be designed to let non members join the club and receive instant access to the extra sections. This script could be intergrated with PayPals's IPN system so allow forum account upgrade only when payment is received, then all that would be left would be the welcome pack which would go out in the post.

This system would cut admin time as well as make the forum more user friendly to members wishing to join.

Any opinions on this?

Up we go....Any news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12