Thread: New Fiat owner

shr3k

New Fiat owner

Hey Guys and Gal's

Bought a Punto Friday evening only had it 2 hours and it broke down! Dodgy fuel. Needed a new pump, filter and carb but now i'm back on the road

I have a 1998 1.2 Sporting, Its in a dark orange (Custom Paint Job), Fitted with a full Body Kit all smoothed in, Spoiler and Bonnet. Also Has Bucket Seats, Rear light clusters, Decent Sound system (Loudest in plymouth!), Neons and lots of other little bits. I will get some better pistures up later but heres as it sat when i picked her up on Friday. Lowered 45mm all round aswell.

Anyway look forward to meetings and trips and stuff liek that, also seeming the body works done im looking to change the steering wheel and then engine upgrades :P So watch this space.

Anyway opinions welcome, I love it though :P

Shr3k

Click the link for now ill put pictures up later at work so cant shrink them.

http:\\bugsy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/punto2.jpg

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    welcome mate, u want get alot of nice comment on here with ur car, but it has had some serious work done, personally id change a few things but as you say you love it
    again welcome, you will get alot of help on here, best source of knowledge for mk1 puntos on the net.

pic added...
    Last edited by danmotty; 10th October 2007 at 12:26.

shr3k
    Cheers, i'm planning on changing a bit m8. What bit's would you change to give me some ideas?

But car cost me a grand in the current state, It's getting painted and touched up at the weekend to sort the bodywork problems by the previous owner so thats ok :P

cant get pictures

welcome anyway

shr3k
    Sorry your have to copy and paste or click here:

http:\\bugsy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/punto2.jpg

Southern Events Organiser danmotty's Avatar
    yeah your links arnt working mate! i would change the front bumper, i know its smoothed in but id still change it, rear lights to standard, defin8ly bonnet as its a bit out of place, maybe a typ k bonnet or carbon one from absmotorsport.net, not keen on the spoiler but the reast looks ok, mirrors are fine, dehandled is cool (like mine) lol, skirts are smart, not to everyones liking but i like them.

PSC Pisshead
    Welcome to the club !

Punto Lover
    welcome to the site fella.

Some nice touches to your car but as said before few bits i would change imo, but if you love it dont change it. Have the car you want not what other people do.

Enjoy having a fiat aswell lol

shr3k
    Have to admit i bought the car as it was nice for a grand and im going to leave it for a bit until i can afford a full respray which at that time i may change a few bits. But the car is lovely to drive, its nippy aswell. The only problem i have is that its so smooth that you dont realise your going 60mph + in a 30 :O Got to keep an eye out for that but apart from that i like it

Shr3k

Punto know it all
    welcome,

i really like the wheels.

first thing i would do is remove those horrible rear lights, not too keen on the front bumper or bonnet but they do kind of suit the style of the car as it is.