Hello all,

Just new to the site and wondered if you would be able to help me with a few questions about the Punto sporting 1.6.

1. I have a P Reg Punto Sporting 1.6Mpi 8v and this guy who has been saying he'd waste my punto has a 1.2 16v and well was just wondering(i know theres been a few topics on this before)which would be quicker, my car has been lowered 55mm,has 15" alloys(quite chunky wheels not sure the exact size of them),performance exhaust but does not have an induction kit,as far as i know the engine is completely standard.

His mk1 T reg Punto Sporting 1.2 16v has 15" alloys,Induction kit,performance exhaust & lowered 35mm i think.

Which car should be quicker? As said in the other thread a Corsa 1.4 16v sport should be quicker than a punto 1.2 16v and well three of my mates have corsa sports with induction kits,alloys,lowered etc but my Sporting is really a lot quicker than them.Same with saxo VTRs ive raced a few VTRs up the A1 and easily beat them,just wondering if you would be able to tell me what would be quicker without saying its the driver that matters.

2. What BHP would my Sporting be running with a K & N induction kit on it im not sure what a 1.6i runs standard.

3. What sites offer engine mods for the 1.6i? I know its quite a rare model so the parts are not found easy.

Cheers for the help in advance!