Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4045464748495051 LastLast

Thread: WMS 4-pot brake kits

Punto know it all
    Cant say ive seen them come up for sale used before......could be a good buy.

Punto Sports Club Member
    seen them a few times come up for sale along with Wilwood and wp pro brakes

Punto Enthusiast
    KAS the 284mm punto kit did not fit under my tipo wheels, i had the same clearance checking with the stencil but when i fitted the actual brakes it scrapped alot.

Thanks for the heads up Jat

Did you manage to get them under any other 15s? I dont really wanna go any bigger unless i have to...

Punto Enthusiast
    No probs, yea I have calibre motion 2 wheels now

If the stencil cleared (printed 1:1) then the brakes SHOULD clear too, something's up here. :-/ Are these 15" Tipo wheels easy / cheap to get hold of, has anyone got a spare (bashed about is fine)? I want to see what's going on, and if the kit doesn't fit I'll see what I can do.
    WMS 4-Pot Punto (284mm Mk1, 298.5mm Mk2) brake kit info/prices: http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=78745

They're nice wheels Jat!

I printed the stencil to scale and measured the key points and it was correct to the mm, and i even cut outside the lines to be a bit more conservative with the testing!

I have high lighted the bits that i found to be catching on the inside of the spokes. I would have thought that a spacer would have solved that problem but after speaking to PuntoGTTurbo, he said he tried spacers and still had scraping...

The Tipo wheels are very rare now i think. I've had mine for about 8 years and only ever seen 1 or 2 sets pop up for sale since!

How long would you need the wheel for? I could post you one of mine, but its been refurbed last week so i dont want it bashed about

Actually, thinking about it, these wheels are at the very least 20 years old, and the tolerances wheel to wheel could be quite poor, and to get the brake kit to comfortably fit the disk and brackets would have to be decreased by about 5mm in size.

Not really worth it for a one off, i guess... Unless you have other ideas Keri?
    Last edited by KAS; 12th May 2014 at 17:09.

Hmmmmm......sounds like you better hand on to your wheel to be honest, if they are that rare! I looked and found a fews sets for sale in the past, but for a lot!

How about I do a small run of "Tipo 15" fit" (280mm probably) kits? Looks like only a few people need them....? If I go too small it'll hit the part nearer the hub, so the planned 14"-fit kit probably won't be a help!
    WMS 4-Pot Punto (284mm Mk1, 298.5mm Mk2) brake kit info/prices: http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/...ad.php?t=78745

I edited my first post but you already answered my question!

280 would probably fit perfectly by the sounds of it... I'm interested in it, but i severely doubt there's gonna be more people in the market for it!

Would it even be worth your while knocking up 1 or 2 sets of slightly smaller brackets?

I'm putting the feelers out on the Facebook page as we speak - already been asked for an estimated price, can i quote the 284mm kit price?
    Last edited by KAS; 12th May 2014 at 17:22.

Er......I'll need to check all the prices I have listed on here to be honest as everything keeps changing. I'll do that ASAP - but yes, I don't mind doing a small batch of brackets. They might not be fully CNC but they'll still be 6082T6 aluminium with stainless inserts.

A slightly smaller kit will cost a bit more as the discs will need machining down - a bit counterintuitive I know!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4045464748495051 LastLast